Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left stranded by brand new CVO

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 11:11 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Final Update
I picked up my bike about 6 hours ago. Fresh off the Dyno it shows 110 HP 120 TQ.
Now it's a Stage lll with polished & ported heads, adjustable push rods, heavy duty pistons, titanium valves, new cylinders, S.E. Tuner, new cams, Full Sac 2" baffles and X-pipe, 58mm throttle body. I think I got it all.

Went on a 100 mile test ride this evening. Engine is smoother with power that builds as the revs increase. A little less heat but not sure since air temps are finally dropping. Engine is less noisy and feels more solid than stock.

Last edited by cptdenny; 10-23-2011 at 12:49 AM.
Old 10-23-2011, 12:38 AM
dbell66253
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I'm happy for you, numbers look real good, give us another update after the break in period.

Old 10-23-2011, 12:51 AM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by dbell66253
I'm happy for you, numbers look real good, give us another update after the break in period.
You mean I got to break this thing in again? LOL!

I'm taking my time making sure everything is right.

Old 10-23-2011, 03:45 AM
bald1der
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Looks good, congrats on the "new" ride...lol

Old 10-23-2011, 06:17 AM
lionsm13
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 75,538 Likes on 22,682 Posts

All in all maybe it was and will be worth it juat to get the extra upgrades..if those were thrown in for a nominal fee or better yet for free.

Some personalities realy came out too on this thread.
214 responses, wow..

Old 10-23-2011, 07:24 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to finally hear things worked out for you and hope you have no issues going forward.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:16 AM
cptdenny
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by lionsm13
All in all maybe it was and will be worth it juat to get the extra upgrades..if those were thrown in for a nominal fee or better yet for free.

Some personalities realy came out too on this thread.
214 responses, wow..
I haven't gotten the finale bill yet. My service dept had enough trust in me to let me out the door without paying and told me to return on Tuesday. Last numbers I heard it was going to cost me no more than $2,800 out of pocket, with Moco picking up the additional $1,400 in warranty work.

I hope it was all worth it in the end. 18 days of waiting was hard. In back of my mind I still question Harley's reliability. I don't need a break down far from home. This last time I was close to home and cell phone coverage wasn't an issue.

I noticed the personalties, some of which that weren't very becoming of fellow bikers but more like those of Occupy Wall St types. But for the majority, there was the support that helped me get through this delima.
I still thank ALL that posted, not only was it supportful it was insightful as well.

Ride safe.

Old 10-23-2011, 08:30 AM
ScreamineagleSERG
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Iv'e gotten the same treatment several times and can't figure out the logic. Priority to a new purchase would be the smart move, in fact going out of their way would be beneficial to sales and the well being of Harley Davidson Almighty.

Old 10-23-2011, 09:46 AM
jpooch00
Elite HDF Member
Received 267 Likes on 226 Posts

Originally Posted by ScreamineagleSERG
Iv'e gotten the same treatment several times and can't figure out the logic. Priority to a new purchase would be the smart move, in fact going out of their way would be beneficial to sales and the well being of Harley Davidson Almighty.
Hey, they didn't have to do anything in the way of special treatment - and they still made an additional 2800 bucks.

Ya can't argue with that kind of success!

Old 10-23-2011, 11:32 AM
GAZippoman
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cptdenny
When I mentioned that I felt I earned some priority. At this dealership, they have a yearly program that if you join for I believe $10. You'll get priority service.

I figured since over the last 2 years I've spent over $50K at this dealership. That I might have earned some priority.

I'm not one for wasting my service departments time or taking up space in line. I do my own oil changes and 95% of my maintenance. Tire changes are done at my local Indy in order to help keep him in business.

Some of those bikes in front of me are from owners that don't know the difference between an Allen wrench and a adjustable wrench. These folks are weekend riders. I ride nearly every day. I'm not saying I'm any better than they are. I'm just saying a little priority will go a lot further in my case. I would still yield to someone broke down traveling, even in this situation.

As for mentioning that this is a CVO, I bring this up only because a CVO is suppose to be using Mocos best parts and that's it.

I called my service dept at noon and was told they're opening the primary. I was told to call back in a few hours.

I'll keep you all posted.
Wow. $50K. Wife and I have spent well over $50K on 2 Harleys in the past 2 years. And I was given free "priority service" for the first two years for both bikes as a perk. So I should ALWAYS go to the front of the line if I need service on either bike?

And a dealership should give priority to a NEW customer? Rather than customers which may have been loyal for several years? I call that plan arrogance.

If you're on the road and traveling you should go to the front of the line. otherwise, first come first serve. If you're not happy with it, cancel your check and tell them to take the lemon back. Otherwise, suck it up. Don't care what you bought or what you spent, I like it that money doesn't move you to the front at MOCO

Quick Reply: Left stranded by brand new CVO