Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left stranded by brand new CVO

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 09:25 PM
dan conner
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

i would be pissed if the dealer put another bike ahead of mine just because it cost more...the exception being somebody that is on a trip and is a long way from home. other wise wait your turn.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:26 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by metfancowboy
Damn,I would be PISSED! You are taking it way better than I would.
I've owned 5 Harleys, out of the 27 bikes I've owned. I worked in machine shops that had half million dollar machines break down. All machines are subject to break downs.

I feel as if a family member is in the hospital more than being pissed. Daytona is still 10 days away so I don't feel pressured by schedule. As I posted above, I have so many things to be grateful for and I still feel very fortunate that the worst didn't happen. Hopefully I'll get my bike back soon in the showroom condition cosmetically I left them with.

Let me let in all in a secret what I was thinking when I was experiencing all this bad juju. Is this as bad as being overseas in a combat zone? My answer, NO-WAY!

AIRBORNE!

Old 10-05-2011, 09:27 PM
SICKBAGGER
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you are doing good let them get a look at it and then evaluate it from there. My buddies tow to the dealer was not so good get this soon as the flatbed tow truck was on the street to the dealer I mean yards away from it. the bike fell over on the truck and screwed up far more crap he was following behind in his GF's car!!!!! Hopefully it is nothing major and being a CVO you have more resources to go up the chain. Good luck hope they make it right with little pain.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:30 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by piesik650
Compinsator bolt?
That's what I think the service manager's prognosis is.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:37 PM
faapilot
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry to hear about the bike and I'd be PO'd as well.
However, think of the positive; it's covered under warranty and they now have a record of the issue going forward.
Good luck and ride safe.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:37 PM
Pc PaiN
Road Captain
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

We are up to two bikes straight out of the crate with totally screwed primarys at the shop. 2012 FLHX and 2012 FLTRXSE. It's bad when you can't complete a PDI without 1000$ in repairs. They have some primary/clutch issues right now at the factory.

Old 10-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Lowcountry Joe
Elite HDF Member
Received 66 Likes on 46 Posts

Very few take the high road these days. So many are ready to lash out and be a bad *** at the dealership. That's why they get nowhere. I hope you get your ride back as soon as possible.

Old 10-05-2011, 10:12 PM
piesik650
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you caught it soon enough the compinsator bolt could be an easy fix. but if it ran for to long it can raise hell in there. they will know when they drop the oil. Mine loosened up with 1000 miles on the bike. 45 days later I got bike back. that is not "normal" my dealer had some service manager issues those weeks. and I finally did lose my cool. but what was said was deserved. and it was to the owner of the dealership.

Old 10-05-2011, 11:08 PM
DeafUltra
Elite HDF Member
Received 119 Likes on 83 Posts

No pun intended. This is exactly why I wouldn't own Screamin' Eagle bike and enjoy far less bike, an '09 Ultra with my preferred choice of modifications and accessories.

Hope it's a relatively simple fix and in time for your trip to Daytona.

Good Luck,

Thorey

Old 10-05-2011, 11:35 PM
Texas Fat Boy
Extreme HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 22 Posts

I understand that you are pissed it broke in 9 days and 950 miles.
I don't understand why you think you need preferential treatment just because you bought a CVO.

Quick Reply: Left stranded by brand new CVO