Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left stranded by brand new CVO

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 11:42 PM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 821 Likes on 462 Posts

oh, as to why I own one? It wasn't because I bought it. It was given to me, complete with the blue lights and all the cop gear when it's previous rider dropped dead. It was his on duty bike, he really liked it, and rather than let it go back into the motor pool, a favor was called in and the title was signed over to me.

Would I buy one? Probably not. I enjoy the bike, but it seems to me every model year brings another disaster from the MoCo that I can attribute to one of 3 things usually.

Poor engineering, poor quality control/assurance, or the fact they are refusing to come into the 20th century by putting a water cooled engine in the baggers. Trying to meet EPA mandates using an air cooled V Twin with increasing displacements is insanity.

If HD wants to sell bikes to people like me, people who have bought Asian or euro bikes for the most part from the time we were teens, they really need to resolve the three issues I mentioned above. HD in their infinite wisdom did build a bike that would compete with the rice bikes, had great suspension, brakes, it handled, it performed. It took a while to perfect it, and as soon as they got a damn good sport bike, they killed off the Buell line.

I would be the first guy down at the dealership putting a deposit on a 2013 bagger if they would put a V Rod power plant in it.

As I said I like my 03, but the problems with the baggers in every model year since would make buying a new one a low probability. That is reinforced by MoCo's treatment of the customer too.

P.S.S. If you need more proof that the MoCo is out of touch with the riders, just remember who they got to be the headline act for the 100th party in Milwaukee.

Last edited by Neggy ZRXOA 5248; 10-08-2011 at 11:55 PM.
Old 10-09-2011, 12:00 AM
Paniolo
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Neggy ZRXOA 5248
I would be the first guy down at the dealership putting a deposit on a 2013 bagger if they would put a V Rod power plant in it.
Why don't you get that "Road Rod"? It's a V-Rod with a RoadGlide fairing and hard touring saddlebags. There is even a tourpack option. It looks great and from what I hear is impressive to ride. The local dealer had one on the floor. Rumor was that Brad Pitt bought it.

Old 10-09-2011, 12:38 AM
rcpilot_971
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cptdenny
In post 158 I wrote:
Plan: Moco paying for all that needs to be replaced plus labor. This will be used as a credit towards PLAN B.

Plan B: new upgraded pistons, polish and ported heads, new cylinders, tuner, cams, dyno, 58 mm throttle body, exhaust mods. In essence a Stage lll 110" motor that's expected to put out about 110 HP at the wheel. All covered by factory 2 year warranty.

So my answer is, I'm going with Plan B.
Do you know what the total cost will be going plan B they should give you at least 20% off what ever you have to pay out of pocket

Old 10-09-2011, 03:33 AM
TOMMAY
Stellar HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by cptdenny
In post 158 I wrote:
Plan: Moco paying for all that needs to be replaced plus labor. This will be used as a credit towards PLAN B.

Plan B: new upgraded pistons, polish and ported heads, new cylinders, tuner, cams, dyno, 58 mm throttle body, exhaust mods. In essence a Stage lll 110" motor that's expected to put out about 110 HP at the wheel. All covered by factory 2 year warranty.

So my answer is, I'm going with Plan B.
Sounds like it worked out just right. You handled it just like a good man should. Be proud.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:17 AM
strtarrow
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Good on you Denny. A cool level head prevails. You are a better man than me. Myself I would have taken the loaner and if I did not already have a good rain suit asked they throw one in, head cold aside. Looking forward to a negative to turn into a big positive for you.

Old 10-09-2011, 07:55 AM
sgdiesel
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the UK we get free loaners as standard service every time a bike goes in. In fact, they ask you ahead of time if there is anything specific you want to ride - one of the reasons I enjoy service time!

In terms of jumping the queue - in principle I agree that you should not jump the queue, but there us an awesome way you can win all round - how's about getting your top techie to do a couple of hours overtime that night?

Old 10-09-2011, 10:39 AM
shortride
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by traveler
Do you ever get tired of kicking yourself in the ***?

Talk **** about Harley, and still own one.

~Joe
I do it every time I get on mine.

Old 10-09-2011, 10:46 AM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by Texas Fat Boy
I understand that you are pissed it broke in 9 days and 950 miles.
I don't understand why you think you need preferential treatment just because you bought a CVO.
I agree. I own a CVO and don't expect to bump to the front of the line just because of it. I have to wait just like everyone else.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:08 AM
firefighter156
Road Master
Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
Just the mention of CVO brings out jealous rage in some people.
Amen to that statement.

Old 10-09-2011, 11:24 AM
kmayHD
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Holy, talk about hijackin a thread with wayyy to many pics of your own ride!! WTF

Quick Reply: Left stranded by brand new CVO