Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left stranded by brand new CVO

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2011, 08:33 PM
traveler
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 29 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Uh huh sure.

The reason this would never happen with a GW is that Honda gives a rats azz about their reputation and doesn't ship crap out of the factory, and the ONE time there has been a problem on GW's in the last 10 years Honda bent over backwards to fix it, and it was done quickly and with the right solution.

The only good thing is that you own HOG stock, hopefully you bought it at 10 and not 73, but as a stockholder you can attempt to go through investor relations to get to someone at the MoCo, because as most of us know, the MoCo wouldn't **** on you if you were on fire, especially if you are having a problem of their creation. Try to find an email address for anyone at HD to resolve an issue.....

(the ONE time I had an issue with a Kawasaki, I needed new carbs under warranty, and they air freighted a set out of Japan overnight to keep me happy, on a 2500 dollar bike. Try that with MoCo!)
Do you ever get tired of kicking yourself in the ***?

Talk **** about Harley, and still own one.

~Joe

Old 10-08-2011, 08:48 PM
thezoeman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hope the results are good!

Old 10-08-2011, 09:04 PM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

So what are you going to let them do CPT??

Old 10-08-2011, 09:09 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by peddler
You every right to your opinion and every right to express it on this public forum but I've got to ask.....thinking that little of the MOCO, why would you own one?

I am not sure he/she does. The sig indicates the bike is a clone. must be a kawi wanting to look like a HD

Old 10-08-2011, 09:37 PM
BigInjun
Cruiser

You have every right to vent in this forum as you see fit. I wouldnt pay much attention to those who seem to sit here time after time and wait for the opportunity to pounce on every little detail of someones elses comment. If I had spent that kind of money on my wheels and it broke like that I probably would have parked in the service area until I received some kind of answer. You handled it very well. IMO

Old 10-08-2011, 09:47 PM
mannya4
Cruiser

Congratulations! Patients is a virtue...which you obviously have! I understand where you are coming from. I only spent $20k on my Street Glide but I don't care if you spent $10k on a Sporty. You should definitely get some priority being that the bike was only 9 days old! Great job keeping your cool and good luck with the new engine work!

Old 10-08-2011, 10:01 PM
cptdenny
Road Warrior
Veteran: Army
Received 60 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by hockey8787
So what are you going to let them do CPT??
In post 158 I wrote:
Plan: Moco paying for all that needs to be replaced plus labor. This will be used as a credit towards PLAN B.

Plan B: new upgraded pistons, polish and ported heads, new cylinders, tuner, cams, dyno, 58 mm throttle body, exhaust mods. In essence a Stage lll 110" motor that's expected to put out about 110 HP at the wheel. All covered by factory 2 year warranty.

So my answer is, I'm going with Plan B.

Old 10-08-2011, 10:52 PM
hockey8787
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Good choice!!

Old 10-08-2011, 11:04 PM
Neggy ZRXOA 5248
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 821 Likes on 462 Posts

Originally Posted by hog95023
I am not sure he/she does. The sig indicates the bike is a clone. must be a kawi wanting to look like a HD
the clone is in reference to the fact my bike is an 03 FLHTPI, that has been reworked to be almost identical to a FLHTCI 100th

Last edited by Neggy ZRXOA 5248; 10-09-2011 at 04:48 PM.
Old 10-08-2011, 11:35 PM
mrnone
Road Master
Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts
Default hate to agree but I have too

well put.
bikes like women I love em but they are a pain in the ***
Originally Posted by Neggy ZRXOA 5248
oh, as to why I own one? It wasn't because I bought it. It was given to me, complete with the blue lights and all the cop gear when it's previous rider dropped dead. It was his on duty bike, he really liked it, and rather than let it go back into the motor pool, a favor was called in and the title was signed over to me.

Would I buy one? Probably not. I enjoy the bike, but it seems to me every model year brings another disaster from the MoCo that I can attribute to one of 3 things usually.

Poor engineering, poor quality control/assurance, or the fact they are refusing to come into the 20th century by putting a water cooled engine in the baggers. Trying to meet EPA mandates using an air cooled V Twin with increasing displacements is insanity.

If HD wants to sell bikes to people like me, people who have bought asian or euro bikes for the most part from the time we were teens, they really need to resolve the three issues I mentioned above. HD in their infinite wisdom did build a bike that would compete with the rice bikes, had great suspension, brakes, it handled, it performed. It took a while to perfect it, and as soon as they got a damn good sport bike, they killed off the Buell line.

I would be the first guy down at the dealership putting a deposit on a 2013 bagger if they would put a V Rod power plant in it.

As I said I like my 03, but the problems with the baggers in every model year since would make buying a new one a low probability. That is reinforced by MoCo's treatment of the customer too.

Quick Reply: Left stranded by brand new CVO