Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Left stranded by brand new CVO

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2011, 11:39 AM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

As for mentioning that this is a CVO, I bring this up only because a CVO is suppose to be using Mocos best parts and that's it.

so we thought also but that changed after my wife leased a brand new caddy cts didn't think it was just a chevy.just more expensive
service dept didn't ask you if you oversped the rpms did they?
good luck

Old 10-07-2011, 11:55 AM
89FLHT
Stellar HDF Member
Received 150 Likes on 83 Posts

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
I just want to watch the drama.Better than OCC sometimes.
+1 what a f*ckin bitchefest on this thread.

Old 10-07-2011, 12:29 PM
Markymannn
Stellar HDF Member
Received 153 Likes on 103 Posts

Originally Posted by cptdenny
Let me make something clear here about my rant about priority. I was towed into my dealership the night before. Other bikes that came in the next morning were put ahead of me. Some were scheduled, others were not. This wasn't about jumping ahead of scheduled appointments, it was about getting my bike looked at between those drive by oil changes.

It's possible that their best tech was busy on someone else's bike, not a problem.
Whether you should go to the front or not, many opinions.

But the dealer should have had his BEST tech stay late until your bike arrived, and jump on it now to get it right

And you should be at the front

Old 10-07-2011, 12:47 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Just the mention of CVO brings out jealous rage in some people.

Old 10-07-2011, 02:08 PM
NoCoLoco
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Now my rant:
Dropping 38 large just over a week ago on the bike I felt I should have earned some priority ahead of bikes waiting for simple maintenance. Guess many years of Gold Wing ownership has spoiled me. Rant over.
Are you saying service priority should be based on how much money you spend or how recently you purchased a bike? That's all well and good when you're a new owner but what about a couple years down the road? Are you gonna be okay with the service department putting newer, more expensive bikes ahead of yours even though yours was there first?

Old 10-07-2011, 02:16 PM
camsmith
Road Captain
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

More money doesn't necessarily mean more reliable. Mechanical stuff just breaks sometimes. This is why I modded a police bike instead of the CVO route. Less money and less hassle and only the mods I wanted. My Indy would have gotten right on it AND given me one of his bikes to ride. He's done that many times! Sounds like 120-R opportunity knocking to me!!

Last edited by camsmith; 10-07-2011 at 02:24 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 02:34 PM
Jcarnage
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Here's the latest. Primary pulled, nothing found there. A breaker bar was used trying to rotate the pistons. That didn't work. Spark plugs were removed to release compression. Rear spark plug's electrode was found damaged. Appears something let loose with either piston ring or some other hardware.

Plan for tomorrow, removal of cylinder heads and pistons. They tell me this is rare, so is winning the lottery, guess which I rather have?

Anyway, service manager will try and have a "silver lining" from this and present it to me. Possible upgrade in pistons I'm guessing.

I wonder if installing a 120R would lower the value of my CVO. I'm thinking that the 120R should be heavy duty for street use and not break down. Just a thought.

Now if anyone wants to go ahead of me for a oil change, go right ahead.
Sorry to hear about your troubles - hope things get straigthened out quickly.

I guess lost in all the shuffle is: $38K and less than 9 days of operation prior to failure, and based on the initial feedback, pretty significant failure.

Dunno if it's just me, but there screams of some serious quality control issues. Or is it because the CVOs are rare that they don't have the same volume production of the other Ultras? (I would expect the oppposite to be true - for $38K, there should be a LOT more attention to detail)...

Old 10-07-2011, 04:11 PM
rstekeur
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It's a little hard to believe that a vehicle with 2 wheels can cost $38k. You can get a loaded 2012 BMW 1 Series for the same price.

Old 10-07-2011, 04:14 PM
bmaier
Road Warrior
Received 99 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by rstekeur
It's a little hard to believe that a vehicle with 2 wheels can cost $38k. You can get a loaded 2012 BMW 1 Series for the same price.
Ill take the CVO

Old 10-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Dennydp
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the only time a rider should jump the line is when on the road.However with that new a bike(no matter which model), I think a service minded dealership would have their best tech stay late/come in early to determine what was wrong and get the parts ordered.No need to upset the schedule that way and would show the customer a little love.

Quick Reply: Left stranded by brand new CVO