Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Power Commander V and Factory/Extended H-D Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-2011, 11:34 AM
inaroush
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BULLSH!T... Wont void a damn thing unless that dealer wants to be an assbag and not warranty the problem. I just bought a 5 year extension and my delaer said in NO uncertain terms not to worry about a thing. I am covered!

Old 10-05-2011, 12:15 PM
jackja25
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Keep in mind it is not written that way from the MOCO. That is up to the local dealership. I am up in the DFW area my dealership installed the PCV for me, has been about two years. And I have taken it in for warranty work locally and out of state. And no mention of voided warranty. MO

Old 10-05-2011, 12:53 PM
pauly3
Tourer

This is all great info and I am going to press my dealer to see if they will change their tune. If not I am going to call the other H-D dealer in town who is actually listed on the DynoJet website and see what they say.

Old 10-05-2011, 12:54 PM
Tooth
Cruiser

I was told that anything that enhanced the performance of the engine and does not say HD or was installed by an authorized dealer sets the owner up for void of warranty. The exception is something obviously unrelated....ie radio issue.
Everyone can get off their feet about this and relate what their dealer has told them but the issue becomes if my dealer in Oregon tells me one thing and your dealer in Kansas says another and I break down in Kansas...guess whos paying?

Old 10-05-2011, 04:08 PM
BlackBetty
Cruiser

I would have to agree with Tooth.
But, I will relate what my stealer told me. He said anything that burnt into the ECU would void the warranty, but something like V&H Fuelpak would not and that's what he recommended. Now I been doing a lot of research and asking a lot of questions and one of the shops here said BS and that they recommended the PCV and would warranty it there if needed(not a HD stealer, but an HD authorized service joint).
But I think I'm close enough to FuelMoto to just have them do the whole deal and be done with it!
Down with the man!!!

Old 10-05-2011, 04:20 PM
frog13
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackBetty
But I think I'm close enough to FuelMoto to just have them do the whole deal and be done with it!
Down with the man!!!
Exactly what I did, and after 38 years of riding these iron beasts, I have never been happier with the way my machine runs.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:06 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by pauly3
This is all great info and I am going to press my dealer to see if they will change their tune. If not I am going to call the other H-D dealer in town who is actually listed on the DynoJet website and see what they say.
Do not "press" your dealer, put it on yourself, then if you have to take it to the dealer for any reason take it off, they will never know.

Old 10-05-2011, 06:27 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

Life lesson number 33609. Never every ask the staff at a dealer what you should do. Their reply will always be that you should use the stuff that they sell and make money on. It would be like asking Madof if you should invest your money with him.

To make matters worse some will LIE and say your warranty will be voided. Gasp fear and vomiting! Wrong!

Just do your own research like you are doing now and decide what you want.

There are many programmers out there so look at them all. Everyone has a favorite. For me the plug and play Cobra Fi2000R and the new PRO are the best going. Easy to install and totally plug and play no expensive dyno needed. And the bikes run stronger and cooler. What else could one want. Oh! And better mpg's.

By the way add on programmers don't "burn into the ECM" they add instruction downstream of the ECM. Another line of BS from the dealer staff. The idiots may even believe their own misinformation. Only the SE various stages do that.

I don't let the dealer do anything except recalls or warranty work if ever needed. Even then I ask a lot of questions and check out what is going on. I have been able to access HD engineers at the rallies for info on recalls.

Last edited by lh4x4; 10-05-2011 at 06:39 PM.