Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Any downside with going with this exhaust setup?

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2011, 10:07 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Thanks Port, That's the nice thing about owning a Harley, you can make it your own. So many options with aftermarket exhaust. Pick what sounds good to you and go for it. If I were you I would forget about the Dealer DL. You have one of the best Tuner's money can buy. It won't take much to get it right. You will be glad you did! Ride safe!

Old 10-11-2011, 10:11 PM
FenderGuy53
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Port Dawg
Fender...I am really starting to like the Supertrapps especially at 75-80 mph on the highway...have a nice rumble and going under overpasses you twist the throttle.....yeah sounds nice Not trying to dissuade on the Jackpots as I haven't heard one bad thing about them... these pipes compliment the cat equipped bikes nicely.
Port Dawg, the Jackpot's, SuperTrapp SE's and Rinehart's are all good choices in mufflers, but I DO like the open exhaust note of the Jackpot's. The Jackpot's were designed specifically for the 2-1-2 stock Harley head pipes. Plus, I don't have to buy end caps.

There's a large fan base for the Jackpot's. If I don't like them, I can turn them around quickly here and buy something else.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:20 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronp42
Thanks Port, That's the nice thing about owning a Harley, you can make it your own. So many options with aftermarket exhaust. Pick what sounds good to you and go for it. If I were you I would forget about the Dealer DL. You have one of the best Tuner's money can buy. It won't take much to get it right. You will be glad you did! Ride safe!
Yeah I know..trying to find a good tuner that is proficient with the TTS is very tough in these parts...most have never heard of it although Steve Cole has even said that if a tuner knows how to tune with a SERT he should have no issue with the TTS

Old 10-11-2011, 10:26 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FenderGuy53
Port Dawg, the Jackpot's, SuperTrapp SE's and Rinehart's are all good choices in mufflers, but I DO like the open exhaust note of the Jackpot's. The Jackpot's were designed specifically for the 2-1-2 stock Harley head pipes. Plus, I don't have to buy end caps.

There's a large fan base for the Jackpot's. If I don't like them, I can turn them around quickly here and buy something else.
Yes you could sell them in a heartbeat if for some reason you were not happy with them.

Which Jackpots are you looking at again? So they are tuned to workd with the OEM header, not the Jackpot header? Yes good point on end caps!

I was reading over in the Supertrapp forums and mtclassic asked a great question about putting the baffles that are in my pipes into the SE mufflers that he was running...they said he could (which he did)..I wonder if I could get the baffles for the 09 and earlier Supertrapp SE's and match them up with my gutted header...that would go a long way in some semi closure lol For a couple of days at least lol

Old 10-11-2011, 10:32 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by FenderGuy53

Yes you could sell them in a heartbeat if for some reason you were not happy with them.

Which Jackpots are you looking at again? So they are tuned to workd with the OEM header, not the Jackpot header? Yes good point on end caps!

I was reading over in the Supertrapp forums and mtclassic asked a great question about putting the baffles that are in my pipes into the SE mufflers that he was running...they said he could (which he did)..I wonder if I could get the baffles for the 09 and earlier Supertrapp SE's and match them up with my gutted header...that would go a long way in some semi closure lol For a couple of days at least lol

Old 10-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired

Yeah I know..trying to find a good tuner that is proficient with the TTS is very tough in these parts...most have never heard of it although Steve Cole has even said that if a tuner knows how to tune with a SERT he should have no issue with the TTS
I bet 05Train would talk you through a Tune. If not I know a guy that's really good with the TTS. I met him in Maggie Valley at the Rally in the valley this past summer. They call him The Wizard. He's helped lot's of owner's get their bikes tuned properly. I'm not sure, but I think he said he has software that will let him tune your bike from his laptop to your's. If you like I can contact him and get some info.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:43 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by Ronp42
I bet 05Train would talk you through a Tune. If not I know a guy that's really good with the TTS. I met him in Maggie Valley at the Rally in the valley this past summer. They call him The Wizard. He's helped lot's of owner's get their bikes tuned properly. I'm not sure, but I think he said he has software that will let him tune your bike from his laptop to your's. If you like I can contact him and get some info.

05Train has been fantastic and has helped me a lot...problem is finding the time to do it...days are getting shorter, getting ready to deploy soon so time is at a premium.......so I'm willing have someone tune it if I can find anyone reasonably close

That laptop to laptop options sounds cool...yes more info if you are able to get it!

Old 10-11-2011, 10:57 PM
Ronp42
Account Retired

05Train has been fantastic and has helped me a lot...problem is finding the time to do it...days are getting shorter, getting ready to deploy soon so time is at a premium.......so I'm willing have someone tune it if I can find anyone reasonably close

That laptop to laptop options sounds cool...yes more info if you are able to get it!
I don't have his number handy, but I'll try and contact him tomorrow. He's one of the moderators on the Triketalk forum. His name is Dave Lusk. I'm sure he's known on the Hdforums too. will let you know soon as I can talk with him. I've learned enough over the years of racing and working with builder's and tuner's to know when someone is BSing me. This guy knows what he's doing period! I bought my first Fuel Injected Harley in 08 so I'm new to Tuning these things too. I'm doing my research and learning though.