Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do not buy from phat performance!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 01:41 PM
fireaxxe
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Do not buy from phat performance!!!

Just got off the phone with them after installing my shocks and was not happy at all with the Progressive 940's and they said their is nothing they can do they have a no return policy. If you want to throw your money in the trash with aftermarket junk I highly recommend them otherwise stick with Harley they get it right.

Old 10-03-2011, 01:49 PM
EasternSP
Banned

Received 24,867 Likes on 9,332 Posts

You knew in advance that they didn't have a return policy, yet you bought from them?

Old 10-03-2011, 01:53 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Ok thanks

Old 10-03-2011, 01:53 PM
fireaxxe
Road Master

Originally Posted by EasternSP
You knew in advance that they didn't have a return policy, yet you bought from them?
No I did not know that, sometimes this information is hidden within the many layers on the websites, may have overlooked that but should not matter. This is the reason why business are closing and people are loosing jobs there exist no customer service anymore. Why would a company have a no return policy anyway seems shady to me?

Old 10-03-2011, 01:55 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 15,906 Likes on 4,970 Posts

quite frankly progressive 940's are anything but junk. put them for sale on ebay or craigs list, they'll sell fast, maybe not as much as you paid for them, but close. And In my opinion, the progressive shock is leaps and bounds better than the OE shock, or even their upgraded one

Old 10-03-2011, 02:01 PM
Feeeeg
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I work in a retail establishment. We have posted on our wall a sign stating that we have a no return policy.

It exists for one reason and one reason only. I can use it for backup.

Im not saying you were an idiot on the phone, but the only times I have used it, is when a customer comes through my door already pissed off, and I already know I cannot win this debate. I point to the sign, say I do not accept returns, and send them on their way.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:01 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

I've dealt with them without issues , most places will not let you return something you bought if it is not defective but you just are not happy with it , if they did do you know how many people would order items , try them , then send them back , what are they suppose to do with all the used none defective items that they can't return to the original manufacturer ?

Old 10-03-2011, 02:06 PM
honorsdaddy
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fireaxxe
Just got off the phone with them after installing my shocks and was not happy at all with the Progressive 940's and they said their is nothing they can do they have a no return policy. If you want to throw your money in the trash with aftermarket junk I highly recommend them otherwise stick with Harley they get it right.
You knew they had no return policy yet you bought it there anyway.

Hmmm....

Aftermarket junk? Yeah - because as we all know, the stock shocks on an HD are the best which could POSSIBLY exist....

The 940's are not junk. You've got a lowered bike and you appear to be expecting a ride better than the ride you get at stock height.

I believe your problem is not the parts or the vendor but rather your expectations and lack of attention to sales policies.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:16 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

How can they stay in business if everyone were to buy stuff to try and then return it. It's not the public library. Why do you think there are so many new but used (tried) items in the classifieds here? Phat's good people.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:18 PM
fireaxxe
Road Master

These shocks in this form do not work for my bike and my weight and I was told that they would. I did not expect more than what I was told by the person who sold me the shocks. I know most places deal with returns on a case by case bases and I seem to have hit a brick wall with this place. No one was an "idiot" on the phone and I was just looking for options when I started the conversation. I read about this shock on their site and Progressives this is what is advertised:

Specifically designed to deliver a comfortable ride at a 1" lowered stance. Built around our "Best in Class" IAS technology, The Ultra Touring shocks utilize all the suspension travel provided by these 13" eye to eye units, but provide a 1" lowered ride height. The unique Ultra Touring spring combination not only delivers a lowered ride height while its being ridden, but also while its on the side stand.

Sounds good right, what I thought installed them and bike feels horrible and not comfortable at all. I did not expect anything more than what I was told. I called progressive and they said with great customer service please send them to us and we will swap out the springs for you at a total cost of around 60 bucks including shipping. I am not crazy about that idea but they were willing to help me with their product. Phat Performance is a middle man and makes nothing and can help you do nothing if your product does not perform as advertised to me that is a joke. I am old school if I buy something it should work if not you can have it back.

Quick Reply: Do not buy from phat performance!!!