Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do not buy from phat performance!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 11:09 AM
bradsULtd
HDF Community Team
Received 531 Likes on 380 Posts

Originally Posted by fireaxxe
That was really all I was looking for was for PP to help me with options. That is the honest truth. The first thing outta the guys mouth was that we can not accept items that have been installed, after I tried to explain, he then said call progressive do u need the number. At that point i was done with PP.
I agree...PP has a vested interest in keeping their customers happy...there is too much competition out there to not want to at least try and satisfy a customer...

Old 10-04-2011, 11:09 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by parabellum_9x19
Be sure to put in the review: I failed to read and understand their return policy, then I installed the product, didn't like it, and got really mad when they stood by their return policy and wouldn't make an exception for me. I am a special snowflake and the rules should bend to my desires.
Aren't all snowflakes special?

Old 10-04-2011, 11:17 AM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

OP, let it go and move on. It's really not worth stressing over. You don't like the shocks then sell them and get something else. This happens all the time when folks buy stuff based on subjective recommendations on an internet forum and then the product doesn't live up to their expectations. Look around and see how many seats or pipes are bought new and sold soon thereafter.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:18 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,535 Likes on 930 Posts

In part you are true, However you did not hear the conversation that I had with PP on the phone. It was like we got your money oh well call progressive. That is just not cool. Like i said earlier if you were in my shoes you would have the same opinion of this company. Progressive Suspension have been great so far good customer service and did not rush me off the phone. Phat Performance sucks and I will not be buying from them ever again.
Phat told you to call Progressive which you did and got a solution. Phat led you in the right direction. If I were in your shoes I would have resolved this with Progressive & I would not have trashed Phat on a public forum. I have purchased from them without a hiccup. There are ways to deal with problems without having to use public forums and in this case, it really wasn't necessary. My opinion, like it or not.

Last edited by golfblues; 10-04-2011 at 02:12 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:27 AM
NoBoldRider
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Your right and I totally agree with you. I am thinking that my mistake was applying my average weight of 180lbs, which is also the exact standard Harley Davidson uses to create their psi numbers for their air shocks, and the way I ride and how my bike is setup to this product. I think the 940's are for very heavy bikes and heavy riders. This was however not in the description I think progressive should setup a chart that gives the weight ratio that these and other shocks should be run at to give the best ride and optimum performance. Other companies should do this also. Common sense will tell you that different shocks will perform at different levels due to internal design and the application they are used for. Everyone I spoke with said these shocks were the best and most comfortable so i went for it. I guess I am part of the few who do not think so. I have sent these shocks to progressive to have the springs changes and we will see once I get them back. With the springs that come in this shock the ride is way to stiff and bumpy for a RK with a 180lbs rider and a 30lbs load, I promise you will feel every bump in the road.

Oh and for your test of these shocks I would have four different riders, light weight with moderate load, medium weight rider with moderate load, heavy rider moderate load, and touring rider with passenger with heavy load. And based on what those riders say and feel this will give and Idea where these shocks perform the best at. This information should be included in the description when these shocks are advertised.
All you had to do was call Progressive before buying, tell them what you were looking with the information on bike, weight, etc. and they would have told you up front that you would need differrent springs. I did.

Last edited by NoBoldRider; 10-04-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-05-2011, 04:16 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

I am making a list for what I will do with my bikes this winter and plan to purchase the items that Phat Performance has in it's offerings.

I will check each item for desirability and performance. The new Cobra Pro tuner is one on the list and the Vance and Hines Short Shots is another.

They have the best price on these and I know how they will perform. I do need better shocks than the Dyna came with and will select the model that is best for my application before I order.

Old 10-05-2011, 04:47 PM
harleycharlie1992
Unofficial HDF Chaplain
Received 15,906 Likes on 4,970 Posts