Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do not buy from phat performance!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 10:44 AM
golfblues
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 1,539 Likes on 932 Posts

Originally Posted by fireaxxe
Some of you guys on here are an absolute joke. You read half of my post and form uninformed hypotheses about what I am saying. Has nothing to do with whining lh4x4, and Beemervet, or a dink ybnorml. I am just doing my part to inform the consumer about this company. If you were in my shoes you would no doubt have the same advise for others. I did do my research on this forum and other places. All I expected was for those shocks to be better than what I had on there and they were not. Not even a little bit. When you purchase something with an expectation, that was not my expectation btw, and you almost get thrown off your bike when you hit a bump, there is a problem. How is it that you can buy a radio from best buy and return it after 15 days of use with no problem due to the cd skipping but other places its a no go. Come on guys get real.

Your beef is with Progressive & they have offered a solution which you choose not to accept. If you can get Progressive to OK a return through Phat then I'm sure Phat would honor it. But it is not Phat that has to OK the return, it's the manufacturer. Don't bash the seller after you installed the product, deal with the mfg & go after them if you're not happy.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:48 AM
fireaxxe
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by tj316
your beef should be with Progressive then not Phat , if Progressive would let him return used shocks I 'm sure he would refund them for you , but if he can't get credit he won't , the product description is Progressives not Phats , I've ran the 940's and liked them , some people that tried them hated them , it is all subjective and unless they post a 30 day satisfaction guarantee you should assume there is not one
In part you are true, However you did not hear the conversation that I had with PP on the phone. It was like we got your money oh well call progressive. That is just not cool. Like i said earlier if you were in my shoes you would have the same opinion of this company. Progressive Suspension have been great so far good customer service and did not rush me off the phone. Phat Performance sucks and I will not be buying from them ever again.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:52 AM
fireaxxe
Road Master

Originally Posted by IAMSWUTIAMS
This is what you should be posting about. Your review of the product, what you like or don't like. And what you are doing to resolve it. Not slam a sponsoring vendor because they sold you what you wanted, and are following their posted return policy. Shocks are subjective, like seats. But there is an *** for every one.
Your right and I am. I am also posting about my review of Phat Performance and my review is their policy sucks and I will not buy from them again. You should stand by what u sponsor if not dont sell it

Sponsor 1. a person who vouches for or is RESPONSIBLE for a person or thing.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:53 AM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

I agree with you on this point , Phat should have called Progressive for you , if Progressive said no then you could have called them yourself , I don't think Phat was under obligation to return them but they certainly could have made some sort of effort to resolve it
In part you are true, However you did not hear the conversation that I had with PP on the phone. It was like we got your money oh well call progressive. That is just not cool. Like i said earlier if you were in my shoes you would have the same opinion of this company. Progressive Suspension have been great so far good customer service and did not rush me off the phone. Phat Performance sucks and I will not be buying from them ever again.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:55 AM
fireaxxe
Road Master

Originally Posted by golfblues
Your beef is with Progressive & they have offered a solution which you choose not to accept. If you can get Progressive to OK a return through Phat then I'm sure Phat would honor it. But it is not Phat that has to OK the return, it's the manufacturer. Don't bash the seller after you installed the product, deal with the mfg & go after them if you're not happy.
I did not ask about their dealings with PP that is not my concern. I just want what i paid for and I did not get that or any type of acceptable customer service. Progressive has been great on trying to help me resolve this issue.

Old 10-04-2011, 10:58 AM
fireaxxe
Road Master

Originally Posted by tj316
I agree with you on this point , Phat should have called Progressive for you , if Progressive said no then you could have called them yourself , I don't think Phat was under obligation to return them but they certainly could have made some sort of effort to resolve it
That was really all I was looking for was for PP to help me with options. That is the honest truth. The first thing outta the guys mouth was that we can not accept items that have been installed, after I tried to explain, he then said call progressive do u need the number. At that point i was done with PP.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:01 AM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Your right and I am. I am also posting about my review of Phat Performance and my review is their policy sucks and I will not buy from them again. You should stand by what u sponsor if not dont sell it

Sponsor 1. a person who vouches for or is RESPONSIBLE for a person or thing.
Okay, you're right.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:02 AM
ThunderBueller
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would buy from Phat anytime. I'm in love with my 940's that I got from them and have no problem recommending them both. If you're not happy put them for sale here and you'll get nearly every dime you paid. It's how things work these days, quit being such a whiny b!tch.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:03 AM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Be sure to put in the review: I failed to read and understand their return policy, then I installed the product, didn't like it, and got really mad when they stood by their return policy and wouldn't make an exception for me. I am a special snowflake and the rules should bend to my desires.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:07 AM
ThunderBueller
Road Master
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by parabellum_9x19
Be sure to put in the review: I failed to read and understand their return policy, then I installed the product, didn't like it, and got really mad when they stood by their return policy and wouldn't make an exception for me. I am a special snowflake and the rules should bend to my desires.

Quick Reply: Do not buy from phat performance!!!