Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Do not buy from phat performance!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 10:12 PM
jpace024
Road Master
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

With as much information online as there is now, alot on this forum, you should have done your due diligence instead of taking a salesman's word on something. And I believe most places will not allow returns after installation. That being said, I have ordered from Phat and never had an issue.

Old 10-03-2011, 10:26 PM
lh4x4
Extreme HDF Member
Received 932 Likes on 574 Posts

fireaxxe - You can't seem to connect with the reason that they don't accept installed parts back. Who would they sell them too? Not you not me.

I worded my response to wake you up as to you part in the problem. But you can't intellectualize your part as a consumer. You only offer lame excuses.

When your position is without merit and you can't step back to look at it objectively you are then whining.

Learn from this and don't repeat the mistake. Get on with your life.

Name calling only identifies your character and has nothing to do with the person it is directed at. Doesn't reflect well on your maturity either.

Old 10-03-2011, 11:40 PM
Beemervet
Ultimate HDF Member

Received 435 Likes on 317 Posts

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 10-04-2011, 03:31 AM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,767 Likes on 11,542 Posts

Originally Posted by fireaxxe
I am as grown as they come bro, and who the hell is FP. You must have your head up your ***. My response would be the same for a used part sold as new, as a part that has been misrepresented like the 940's sold to me by Phat Performance and manufactured by Progressive so what is your point?
Learn from your mistakes / misfortunes and move on....
Sell your used shocks on the classifieds and buy another pair
that suits your needs......

Attached Thumbnails Do not buy from phat performance!!!-dink-teeshirt-small-.jpg  
Old 10-04-2011, 03:53 AM
Malum
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry but I have to say that all dealings I have had with Phat Performance have been fantastic.
I ordered a FI tuner for my old metric from them. The tuner was faulty and it just would not run right. It also ruined my pipes from being out of tune no matter what I did.
They not only replaced the FI controller but gave me a store credit to get a full set of pipes for 40% off. They didn't have to do ANYTHING because pipes changing colors isn't covered under ANYONES warranty. But they ate the cost.
Then like 2 months later the chrome started peeling off of one of the mufflers from the set that I bought from them..and they sent me a new muffler free of charge.
Sorry I can't complain about Phat from the numerous orders Ive had with them.

Old 10-04-2011, 05:18 AM
Sonic69
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I bought a set of Tricky Trees from Phat. Biggest pieces of crap I've ever seen. Phat did everything to work with me and get my money back. No bad talk from me. P.S. never buy anything from Tricky!

Old 10-04-2011, 05:33 AM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

I had that exact issue but with Eastern Performance...They would not accept the return...I sold them on eBay fast and made my money back plus shipping!

Old 10-04-2011, 08:00 AM
fireaxxe
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Some of you guys on here are an absolute joke. You read half of my post and form uninformed hypotheses about what I am saying. Has nothing to do with whining lh4x4, and Beemervet, or a dink ybnorml. I am just doing my part to inform the consumer about this company. If you were in my shoes you would no doubt have the same advise for others. I did do my research on this forum and other places. All I expected was for those shocks to be better than what I had on there and they were not. Not even a little bit. When you purchase something with an expectation, that was not my expectation btw, and you almost get thrown off your bike when you hit a bump, there is a problem. How is it that you can buy a radio from best buy and return it after 15 days of use with no problem due to the cd skipping but other places its a no go. Come on guys get real.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:03 AM
fireaxxe
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Malum
Sorry but I have to say that all dealings I have had with Phat Performance have been fantastic.
I ordered a FI tuner for my old metric from them. The tuner was faulty and it just would not run right. It also ruined my pipes from being out of tune no matter what I did.
They not only replaced the FI controller but gave me a store credit to get a full set of pipes for 40% off. They didn't have to do ANYTHING because pipes changing colors isn't covered under ANYONES warranty. But they ate the cost.
Then like 2 months later the chrome started peeling off of one of the mufflers from the set that I bought from them..and they sent me a new muffler free of charge.
Sorry I can't complain about Phat from the numerous orders Ive had with them.
Looks like they're selling junk IMO!

Old 10-04-2011, 09:30 AM
Malum
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Umm I don't see how a manufacturer defect on a FI controller can reflect on them. And the pipes were a bad run by Cobra. I even got a general "sorry bout that" email.
However the point still stands. If the shocks are not defective it is not their problem.
I understand your frustrations. Things are not always what you think they will be. But blaming the company that sold you the shocks for not taking back used/installed parts that are not defective buta case of not what you wanted or expected is just not right. That's more of a buyer beware thing.
However you do have the right to your opinion. But talking bad about a company just because they don't bend to your will and go against there policy just diminishes the value of that opinion.
Stay safe.

Quick Reply: Do not buy from phat performance!!!