Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rank Your Favorite 2 up Touring Machine

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 04:26 PM
tj316
Stellar HDF Member
Received 480 Likes on 126 Posts

I had an Electra Glide Classic , my Road Glide Custom beats it hands down on the road for comfort , I added quick release tour pak , lowers , a mean city modified seat and 14" windvest for when we are on the road , the wife on the Classic would complain 3 hours into a trip , we rode from Tampa , Fl to Raleigh , NC in 1 day without issues

Old 10-01-2011, 04:28 PM
Woollymonster
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by dynawideglider
Woolly,
2 up or alone?
Thanks
Going alone this time. But the Mrs. would be going if not working. A five day like this would be easily doable as long as we are going somewhere you can do a load of laundry or two. Might get a little stinky if we where camping with no access to water. We don't do that much anymore.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:56 PM
dynawideglider
Tourer

Originally Posted by 1flhtk4me
My Limited was great for our 1500 mile plus trip last week!

Cruise control,radio and gauges are a must for me.

Much more comfy than my old '06 Road Glide.
I can see how you may get used to things, not sure I'm interested in getting used to them though you make a great case for the Limited at 1500 miles.

Originally Posted by tj316
I had an Electra Glide Classic , my Road Glide Custom beats it hands down on the road for comfort , I added quick release tour pak , lowers , a mean city modified seat and 14" windvest for when we are on the road , the wife on the Classic would complain 3 hours into a trip , we rode from Tampa , Fl to Raleigh , NC in 1 day without issues
That's quite a testimonial for the road glide tj.

Originally Posted by Woollymonster
Going alone this time. But the Mrs. would be going if not working. A five day like this would be easily doable as long as we are going somewhere you can do a load of laundry or two. Might get a little stinky if we where camping with no access to water. We don't do that much anymore.
Roger on the "stinky"! Not going there myself. How does EC work out 2 up on long trips otherwise?

Old 10-01-2011, 05:00 PM
petewerner
Road Captain

Originally Posted by tj316
I had an Electra Glide Classic , my Road Glide Custom beats it hands down on the road for comfort , I added quick release backrest, lowers , a mean city modified seat and 12" windvest for when we are on the road , the wife on the Classic would complain 3 hours into a trip , we rode from Tampa , Fl to Raleigh , NC in 1 day without issues
can go 1 up/ 2 up fullyloaded and I ride in total control with this bike. it is a long trip bike for me.... lotta the same stuff as above that makes it easy to ride all day and have a blast doing it....

Old 10-01-2011, 05:01 PM
pargenz
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

While it's hard to not like a Limited... the Road Glide Ultra is my favorite touring rig.

That's me... going by your requirements I would suggest a Road King.
You said: "I don't care about radios, cruise control, CB, gauges, etc.".
While I think you'd get used to having some, or all, of that, no sense in paying for stuff you don't want or need. A King with hard bags will easily haul you and a companion your max 275 miles per day... in style.

Old 10-01-2011, 05:04 PM
McGillea
Advanced

The FLTRU is the most comfortable 2 up machine my wife and I have ever ridden. We comfortably cruise 400+ mile days and can do 700 miles if pressed. My wife has back and neck problems and says she is never more comfortable, relaxed or pain free as when we are cruising across this beautiful country.

Old 10-01-2011, 05:19 PM
dynawideglider
Tourer

Originally Posted by pargenz
While it's hard to not like a Limited... the Road Glide Ultra is my favorite touring rig.

That's me... going by your requirements I would suggest a Road King.
You said: "I don't care about radios, cruise control, CB, gauges, etc.".
While I think you'd get used to having some, or all, of that, no sense in paying for stuff you don't want or need. A King with hard bags will easily haul you and a companion your max 275 miles per day... in style.
Honesty, nothing better....thanks

Old 10-01-2011, 05:23 PM
dynawideglider
Tourer

Originally Posted by McGillea
The FLTRU is the most comfortable 2 up machine my wife and I have ever ridden. We comfortably cruise 400+ mile days and can do 700 miles if pressed. My wife has back and neck problems and says she is never more comfortable, relaxed or pain free as when we are cruising across this beautiful country.
Road Glide owners make a very consistent case for the touring quality of their chosen ride. I really don't like the road glide, it's just a matter of looks, but I need to re-look this particular machine.

Thanks

Old 10-01-2011, 05:59 PM
BikerDawg
Advanced

Have owned a Street Glide, Road King and now the Ultra. For passenger comfort my wife prefers the Ultra hands down.

Old 10-01-2011, 06:04 PM
dynawideglider
Tourer

Originally Posted by BikerDawg
Have owned a Street Glide, Road King and now the Ultra. For passenger comfort my wife prefers the Ultra hands down.
A direct reply to the original post, many thanks.

Quick Reply: Rank Your Favorite 2 up Touring Machine