Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Ballistic cycles fairing for a 30

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 11:02 AM
Chad263
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ballistic cycles fairing for a 30

My new fairing came in from Tim at Ballistic cycles. A killer product clean ad fits just like he had promised. I put in a few pictures its different and not for everyone I like it cause its not the same as every other fairing. We are going to be doing some body work on it to change it up a little so it doesnt look like the other ones ballistic sells. It has a 7 inch stretch for the 30 I'm doing. Most wont like either but some of you do lol anyways just a few pics as the build is starting a little bit now. Thomason Performance is building my 30 which will be a 1 off and 3D the frame will be raked 48 degrees to fit it with 4 over tubes with air ride in the front to go with the rear. Bags will be getting cut up for a one off look with a custom speakers all molded into the front of the bags with tweeters aiming up towards me. I will have the bags back next friday and will get some pics up and more pictures as the build goes on. Most of you will say the 30 is stupid as with the 26 which I don't think is true at all I have about 3,000 miles on my 26 and it rides better than my buddies 2. I have had my speedo burried a ton of times with one hand on and comfortable as could be.

Attached Thumbnails Ballistic cycles fairing for a 30-30-inch-next-to-26.jpg   Ballistic cycles fairing for a 30-ballistic-fairing-front.jpg   Ballistic cycles fairing for a 30-ballistic-fairing-side.jpg  
Old 10-01-2011, 12:12 PM
Lifetimelifter
Banned

Nice, good to see custom talk instead of threads about what oil to run. I. Going with their custom road glide fairing for my 26. Keep us posted

Old 10-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

Cool. Looking forward to seeing pics of your progress. Not everyone "gets" customs, but I sure like them.

Old 10-01-2011, 03:10 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Chad, Im with you bro. Sold my deluxe yesterday so I can get a RG and trick it out with a 26 inch wheel. I may have ALOT of questions for you come this winter.

Old 10-01-2011, 04:37 PM
Chad263
Cruiser

You will love the 26 on the RG. When i did my 26 a buddy of mine works at a local hd dealer and he gave me so much **** about how it was going to ride bad it was going to flop at low speeds yada yada. I finished it rode it 25 miles brought it up there for him to ride it. He couldnt believe it he ate every word he ever said to me about it. Ive done a 21 a 23 and now my 26 and now the 30. The 26 rides better than the 21 or the 23 in my opinion corners unreal and is a blast to ride. The 30 I will have together in another month or two and i will let you know on that. Any questions man PM or whatever and I will help you out as much as I can

Old 10-01-2011, 05:18 PM
CountryD
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Hell yeah, appreciate it brother. Ive been in contact with forum member slothy too, hes gave me ALOT of ideas as well.

Old 10-02-2011, 07:46 AM
vrog
Cruiser

Originally Posted by Chad263
My new fairing came in from Tim at Ballistic cycles. A killer product clean ad fits just like he had promised. I put in a few pictures its different and not for everyone I like it cause its not the same as every other fairing. We are going to be doing some body work on it to change it up a little so it doesnt look like the other ones ballistic sells. It has a 7 inch stretch for the 30 I'm doing. Most wont like either but some of you do lol anyways just a few pics as the build is starting a little bit now. Thomason Performance is building my 30 which will be a 1 off and 3D the frame will be raked 48 degrees to fit it with 4 over tubes with air ride in the front to go with the rear. Bags will be getting cut up for a one off look with a custom speakers all molded into the front of the bags with tweeters aiming up towards me. I will have the bags back next friday and will get some pics up and more pictures as the build goes on. Most of you will say the 30 is stupid as with the 26 which I don't think is true at all I have about 3,000 miles on my 26 and it rides better than my buddies 2. I have had my speedo burried a ton of times with one hand on and comfortable as could be.

Keep the pics coming! Good luck on your new build and don't take offense to all the haters on this board. I never caught so much BS for my bike as I did on this site.

Funny though, wherever I take it crowds of people flock around it and have nothing but questions and positve comments. I'm sure you could say the same when you had your 26".

Old 10-02-2011, 09:20 AM
Chad263
Cruiser

VROG. thanks man. I haven't heard anyone say anything bad about my ride when they see it in person pictures don't always do it justice. I'm sure the same goes with your bike which came together awesome everything on yours worked well together and you have a sick paint job. I will post up some more pics when my bags and all that are done which should be friday

Old 10-02-2011, 09:36 AM
steelerdude1
Grand HDF Member
Received 286 Likes on 217 Posts

That is really a cool looking fairing, can't wait to see it mounted up.

Old 10-02-2011, 11:26 AM
ICIBUY
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looking forward to more pics also! Hey... its your money so who gives a $h*t what anyone else thinks about what you're doing to your bike! Good luck and keep the pics coming!

Last edited by ICIBUY; 10-03-2011 at 07:47 PM.

Quick Reply: Ballistic cycles fairing for a 30