Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dynojet Question

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 06:42 PM
PDDGM
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Dynojet Question

I recently purchased a dynojet tuner, and went to the website to down load a map. When I clicked on the download button, it downloaded all the maps in a zip file. When I went there to get the one I was interested in, an error message came up, saying Windows could not open the file, and needed to know what program was used to make it...Anyone one had this problem, or do I need to call Fuelmoto, didn't want to bother Jamie, if there is an easy fix..

Joe

Old 09-30-2011, 07:09 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,269 Likes on 1,582 Posts

Did you download the control panel as well or just the map?

Old 09-30-2011, 07:50 PM
PDDGM
Road Master

I just downloaded the maps, didn't see anything about what to download! Guess I need to read the directions and see exactly what I need. Didn't get any instructions with the tuner I bought, just it...

Joe

Old 09-30-2011, 07:59 PM
IAMSWUTIAMS
Extreme HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

You need the control panel to open the maps. I think you can download control panel from their website.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:00 PM
fishbust
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It comes with a disk.
Use the disk to load the program on your laptop/pc, then download the maps and then you don't need the disk or the website again, except you go to the website to look at add-ons to determine the best map file to use for your bike.
At that point everything you need is on your pc and you can use a 9volt battery with included adapter load your file onto the powercommander. Or, you can install the powercommander and use your laptop to load it in the garage right on the bike.
If you have a laptop, you will appreciate it when/if you want/need to alter your map in the driveway inbetween test rides.

Hope this helps.

Old 09-30-2011, 09:35 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 5,269 Likes on 1,582 Posts

Dynojet has the software on their site for free.

Once you have that downloaded and set up. transfering maps should be easy.

Old 10-01-2011, 02:59 PM
PDDGM
Road Master

Thanks for the info. I finally figured it out, with all the tips on here..Now does anyone know where I can get the 9V adapter, so I can download the map from my pc. I don't have a laptop...

Joe

Old 10-01-2011, 07:19 PM
JefFLH
Road Captain
Received 52 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by PDDGM
Thanks for the info. I finally figured it out, with all the tips on here..Now does anyone know where I can get the 9V adapter, so I can download the map from my pc. I don't have a laptop...

Joe
I may have one out in the shed from my old bike which had a PC3. Let me know and I'll look for it. If you can wait a couple days, I can get it in the mail on Monday.
Jeff

Old 10-01-2011, 08:14 PM
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm not sure which unit you bought, but you should be able to connect a Power Commander directly to your PC. It doesn't have to be on the bike to program it.

Old 10-01-2011, 09:03 PM
PDDGM
Road Master

Originally Posted by 10350
I'm not sure which unit you bought, but you should be able to connect a Power Commander directly to your PC. It doesn't have to be on the bike to program it.

Everything I have read, says you have to provide power to the unit when installing a map. They sell the 9V adapters at several m/c accessory shops, like J&P and Dennis Kirk. The directions I read on the power commander website mentions it also. The unit I have is a 805-510...

Joe

Last edited by PDDGM; 10-01-2011 at 09:12 PM.

Quick Reply: Dynojet Question