Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where to buy Ea Amsoil filter?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 03:38 PM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Where to buy Ea Amsoil filter?

Thought about switching out my K&N oiled filter for a Amsoil Ea filter that doesn't require oiling. Part # EaAM25 is listed as a direct replacement for the HD Screaming Eagle stage 1 filter, but I don't see it as a selection to purchase on Amsoil's online store. Anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks.

Old 09-30-2011, 05:00 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by gtrplyr
Thought about switching out my K&N oiled filter for a Amsoil Ea filter that doesn't require oiling. Part # EaAM25 is listed as a direct replacement for the HD Screaming Eagle stage 1 filter, but I don't see it as a selection to purchase on Amsoil's online store. Anyone know where I can get one?

Thanks.
No oil but you have to replace it after so many miles. I had one in my Dodge truck. When it was time to change it, I went with a K & N that will last for almost forever. Why go backwards??

Old 09-30-2011, 05:08 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Going from an amsoil filter to a k&n is going backwards. The k&n is junk. I had oil samples taken in my mustang with a k&n has silica so high that blackstone told me it's a problem. Ditched it for paper and tada,no more silica. sand in the oil is bad. Never will I use a foam filter again.

Old 09-30-2011, 06:23 PM
river rat
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I tried to purchase one recently ( Ea filter for stage 1) and they are currently not available. They pulled the plug on them for now.

Old 09-30-2011, 08:14 PM
gtrplyr
Road Warrior
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by river rat
I tried to purchase one recently ( Ea filter for stage 1) and they are currently not available. They pulled the plug on them for now.
Do you know why?

Old 09-30-2011, 08:29 PM
TWIN CAM 96
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Amsoil dealer of coarse

Old 09-30-2011, 10:05 PM
HDV-GLIDE
Elite HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Shredding rubber
Going from an amsoil filter to a k&n is going backwards. The k&n is junk. I had oil samples taken in my mustang with a k&n has silica so high that blackstone told me it's a problem. Ditched it for paper and tada,no more silica. sand in the oil is bad. Never will I use a foam filter again.
If sand is getting through the oil film, maybe it was not oiled enough??? They sell a **** lot of K & N filters and this is the first time I'm hearing about this issue...Anyone else have issues with K & N air filters..I'm all for finding a better alternative if it proves true..

Old 10-29-2011, 09:56 PM
Maco
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My work carry's Amsoil and I just ordered a 25 series air filter for my road king today. If it works out, I will stock them and will make them available

Old 10-29-2011, 10:00 PM
Shredding rubber
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by HDV-GLIDE
If sand is getting through the oil film, maybe it was not oiled enough??? They sell a **** lot of K & N filters and this is the first time I'm hearing about this issue...Anyone else have issues with K & N air filters..I'm all for finding a better alternative if it proves true..
Look. I washed and oiled that stupid thing. Then oil all over my iac cause I put too much. Then silica because of not enough oil. Too much hassle. A uoa is your only way to find any of this out. 25 bucks. My bike sees way more oil changes but still.

Old 10-30-2011, 06:53 AM
Indianspringsaz
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I am a Amsoil dealer. There might also be a site sponser Amsoil dealer for this site. You should try that first. Shoot me a PM if dont find what you need.

Quick Reply: Where to buy Ea Amsoil filter?