Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'12 FLHX Riders Backrest?

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 01:34 PM
John Bakker
Advanced
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Shooter, that's the same seat as on mine. Good to see how the Street Glide rest looks with it. Does it slip down any further into the seat or do you just like it at that height?
Texas, nice looking bike! Thanks for your suggestions. Any chance of posting a pic with the backrest on your stock seat?
Cheers,
John

Old 09-30-2011, 01:41 PM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

If I'm doing really long distances I go to the top holes and really lean back into it with my feet on the highway pegs. I'm not sure where it's set right now. I do move it around depending on the distances I'm riding. I think it's in the bottom holes. I need a break from work..... I'l go out to the parking lot and check.

I'm back....... it's in the bottom holes.

Last edited by shooter5074; 09-30-2011 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:28 PM
Demolitionman
Tourer

just remembered, the backrest on my buddy's '10 screamin eagle street glide is a little shorter. IMO it's more comfortable than mine, and would fit the lines of the FLHX better. maybe someone with a SE Ultra might want to part with their stock backrest.

Old 10-01-2011, 11:36 AM
John Bakker
Advanced

Shooter, thanks for the info on the height of the backrest. Personally, I think I would want something that sits farther down into the seat so that the bottom of the pad touches the top of the seat. This is the way I had mine set up on my old '96 FLHT and that was real comfortable for me, giving me the lower back support I wanted. Don't understand why HD wouldn't design it to sit lower.

Demolitionman, (or anyone else for that matter) any chance of a pic to be posted showing what the Screamin Eagle riders backrest looks like on a stock Street Glide? Does this style rest slip down farther in the support bracket and come closer to touching the top of the seat?
Thanks again for the input.
John

Old 10-05-2011, 02:50 PM
Jenkie
Novice
Default Riders Back Rest

Originally Posted by John Bakker
Open to suggestions as to what riders' backrest will look best with the stock 2012 Street Glide seat. I'm considering the 'comfort stitch' as the stitching looks similar. Any photos would be appreciated.
John
I have the street glide style back rest - Make sure you get the one that is fully adjustable - it comes with a lever that mounts just under the tank on the left side - You can adjust back and forth with this lever, and the back pad can be adjusted up and down to get the right fit - of all the adders I put on my bike, this was by far the best bang for the buck.

Attached Thumbnails '12 FLHX Riders Backrest?-dscn1909.jpg   '12 FLHX Riders Backrest?-img00246-20110803-1537.jpg  
Old 10-05-2011, 03:41 PM
Gliden
Club Member
Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

CVO Street Glide one.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:55 PM
John Bakker
Advanced

Jenkie & Gliden,
Thanks for the input.
John

Old 10-05-2011, 09:22 PM
iride66
Cruiser

Are you wanting to stay with an HD seat? I like the solo look and am addicted to a back rest since 06. I run the Mustang solo with pillion add on when I have a passenger. Looks good on my Heritage and is very comfortable. Can pull it out quickly if I want an even cleaner look.

Looking for a 12 SG now and will likely put the same seat on it. Have looked at the Saddlemen on line to though....

Old 10-06-2011, 08:38 AM
John Bakker
Advanced

Yes I do like the stock seat for solo riding so want a backrest that compliments that top-stitched kind of look. That's why I was considering the comfort stitch design or the smooth one. For 2-up I use a Sundowner Street Glide design (has that earlier SG insert design), so whatever I get has to compliment both seats.

Last edited by John Bakker; 10-08-2011 at 07:24 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 02:17 PM
Demolitionman
Tourer

I've got some pics I need to upload of the SE anyway. When I finally get a chance, I will post a couple here.

Quick Reply: '12 FLHX Riders Backrest?