Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lenale fan install

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2011, 07:49 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Installed one in arly summer.If I remember to turn it on in stop and go traffic, it prevents the rear cylinder from cuttung out. Then used their downtube **** bracket to mount a Stebel Nautilas airhorn. Two great mods

Old 09-27-2011, 08:25 PM
PFWiz
Stellar HDF Member
Veteran: Navy
Received 387 Likes on 231 Posts

I am very pleased with my Lenale fan. It seems to work quite well. Only problem is simple heat transfer theory.
Did any of you ever ask yourself where does all that heat from the engine go? I will tell you where. All over your lower right leg! You have all heard of the butt dyno, well the leg thermometer tells me that my fan can move some serious heat!
Sitting in traffic on a hot day I look pretty funny trying to hold my right leg out of the stream of jet exhaust!
The good news is that my bike never overheats...

Attached Thumbnails Lenale fan install-p1000058-1-.jpg  
Old 09-28-2011, 09:11 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Well rode in the heat of Miami rush hour today, I have to say I am happy, my right leg aint but it wasn't that bad. I dont have a temp gauge, my faring atmosphere temp gauge said a bit over 100 for reference. Yeah my right leg got a little warm when standing still on 836 next to MIA aiport but my oil pressure held half way between 0 and 32, normally drops to zero and bike pings under load for 5 minutes after I start moving again. No pinging and held some oil pressure is good enough for me.

Ref above posts, I believe the head temps will cause more damage than very hot oil, especially if you use a synthetic oil. Hot heads cause detonation (we call it pinging) not good for valves, pistons or cylinder walls. I will take hot oil over overheating heads any day.

My judgement is yes its was worth the $. As I ride in a lot of rain and I mean a lot I will report back long term on durability later. Rain does not stop me from riding ever, only snow does if it starts to stick, this fan will get tested, if its running by next summer I would highly recommend.

Last edited by masterblaster; 09-28-2011 at 09:14 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 11:19 AM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Well now that I put some miles on the bike I have to revise my judgment , the fan sht the bed, only 4k miles since install, only used in heavy traffic, fan is turning but grinding and wobbling on its axis. I will give them a call and see how they back up the fan quality.

Old 04-04-2012, 07:45 PM
Rockrivr1
Road Master
Received 115 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Well now that I put some miles on the bike I have to revise my judgment , the fan sht the bed, only 4k miles since install, only used in heavy traffic, fan is turning but grinding and wobbling on its axis. I will give them a call and see how they back up the fan quality.
So what was the final outcome?

Old 04-04-2012, 08:09 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member

Sorry for not updating, I sent them an email they sent me instructions to return it they sent me a new one in a week, have it mounted for a couple k miles now, tomorrow I leave on a ride throughout the southwest, should have 8-10k hard riding miles on it soon, same as I did with last one basically. Looking like I will do about 1k miles in the rain right now Will report back upon return on the 22nd.

Old 05-01-2012, 09:42 AM
mariner227
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just installed my Lenale Fan yesterday. Does anyone have any pictures of how they relocated their horn?

Old 05-01-2012, 06:29 PM
cmc seabee
Cruiser

Received 72 Likes on 27 Posts

Here's what I did. I purchased the horn that Harley sells with their Parade fan and used the bracket to attach it to the bottom bolt on the Lenale fan. It works great, but not as loud as the original horn. The wires are plenty long enough. All you have to do is plug them in and you're done.

Attachment 247885

Last edited by cmc seabee; 12-30-2012 at 06:31 PM.
Old 05-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Sandcrab
Stellar HDF Member
Received 391 Likes on 231 Posts
Default hours & miles

I bought my LeNale fan last Saturday along with a Dobbs hour meter, and installed them on my 2009 Ultra. I used the Accessory connector and splice in the hour meter to the positive side, so whenever the fan is on, the hour meter is ticking.

I have yet to take a ride with it as it has been cold, but will let you know how long in miles and hours it lasts.

Old 05-01-2012, 07:48 PM
cdestuck
Supporter
Veteran: Marine Corp
Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Did you buy the fan with the downtube or the heat shield mount option?

Quick Reply: Lenale fan install