Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Droid App for V Twins

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2012, 07:40 PM
threeten
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by karjar
great app and thanks for all the work on it.
Sadly I am really going to miss it as I'm going with iPhone . Any chance it will make it there? Anyone able to help him port it there?
Just hoping;-)
I have been looking for an iPhone developer to port it, but I just don't think it is going to happen. It seems like the people developing for iPhone are professional software developers who code for a living, and it is much more difficult for an amateur to get something into Apple's market.

Having said that, if anyone wants to donate a Mac book and an iPhone, I will do my best.

Old 01-04-2012, 07:41 AM
Nut08Ultra
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Awesome!

This is such a great tool! If you have a phone that can have apps, get it. Now I can take my manual out of the bike because those emergency things like the manual security deactivation are on my phone!

Now we all just need to remember to charge the phone.... where's that thread on accessory chargers and cigarette lighter mods....LOL

Job well done!

Old 01-04-2012, 06:31 PM
IzzoQuazzo
Retired Admin

Received 9,041 Likes on 3,711 Posts

Thread unstuck by request of OP.

Thanks for the great App

Old 01-06-2012, 02:20 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by danzio
One question. Why doesn't the find a dealer work off the GPS? I click the link to use current location but I get dealers from other parts of the country.

Nice app though! Thank you!
Are you still having the problem above? I had the same problem and found that clearing the data and cache in the browser fixed my problem (refer to post 258 for instructions to do this). After doing that, I was able to select "Use current location". After selecting that, a box appeared at the bottom of the screen with the heading, "Remember preference". It had a selection button labeled, "Share location". I selected that button. The closest dealers to my location then appeared.

Clearing the data in the browser allows that box to come up so you can select to remember preference and select the "Share location" button. Once you've done the above, when you bring up the application again, the "Use current Location" will have changed to, "Update location". Select "Update location" and the closest dealer locations will come up. I found that you need to press "Update location" and not the "Go" button. BTW, make sure your GPS is on.

Old 01-06-2012, 03:36 PM
RThomas4223
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well, I made the mistake of denying location when I first used the original version, then could not find the nearest dealer. As suggested by post 258, I downloaded a cache clearing program & cleared my cache, & downloaded the latest version of V-Twin.
However, I still get the error message
"The page at 'https://m.harley-davidson.com' says: User denied Geolocation."

Any ideas on work-arounds?

If I uninstall VTwin & then re-install it, will that solve the problem?

Suggestions (except flames & where to go) accepted.

Thanks,

Old 01-06-2012, 04:13 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

Originally Posted by RThomas4223
Well, I made the mistake of denying location when I first used the original version, then could not find the nearest dealer. As suggested by post 258, I downloaded a cache clearing program & cleared my cache, & downloaded the latest version of V-Twin.

Thanks,
Instead of the cache clearing program, try the method of clearing the data as in post 258. Do as I stated in my previous post above and I think you will have better luck. I was having the same problems because I denied location at first as you did. Things work fine now.

Old 01-06-2012, 04:41 PM
threeten
Tourer

Thanks,
1. Make sure you have GPS turned on. This might seem obvious, but sometimes the simplest things cause the problem.

2. Make sure you are out of doors, or in an area where your phone can "see" the satellites that GPS depends on.

3. You might have to uninstall and then re-install. The last version I put out broke the Harley / GPS function. I updated to a newer version, but maybe your phone hasn't updated yet.

The dealer finder has caused some problems for me. When the GPS works, then you have to punch on the "back" button several times to get back to the main program. If I fix the back button, then the GPS breaks. I know why it is doing this, but I can't figure out how to fix it. I'm going to leave it alone for now.

If you still have problems, pm me.

Old 01-06-2012, 07:51 PM
krazy3
Road Warrior
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks,
I uninstalled it and installed the 2007 version, since that's what my bike is anyway. It works fine.

Old 01-06-2012, 09:26 PM
Ozoneman
Road Warrior

RThomas4223, feel free to follow the latest posts, but I'm telling you that I had the exact same problems that you stated, and I did as I explained in my last two posts, and it works fine for me now.

Old 01-15-2012, 10:17 PM
threeten
Tourer

Just released a new version of the app. One improvement to it is an options menu for when you are using the internet links.

If you are surfing HD Forums for example, and you read several pages into a thread and decide you are done, you would always have to hit the "back" button several times to get back to the front page. Now if you hit the "menu" button, it will give you a few options, including going all the way back to the links menu.

I also put in the Electronic Throttle Modes. I will be updating the 2008 and 2007 versions later in the week.

ride safe...

Quick Reply: New Droid App for V Twins