Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Droid App for V Twins

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 07:48 PM
Keithhu
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 5,601 Likes on 2,724 Posts

Anyone want to do a Windows Phone 7 app? LOL. <but seriously!>

Old 11-01-2011, 08:19 PM
threeten
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by OsoFat
Just downloaded. Looks like a great app. It would be nice, if using the "back" button on the phone didn't take you all the way out of the app. I know you have a "back" button in the app, but it's not always convenient. I read about some of the suggestions for adding maintenance records, etc. That would be great. I'm using an app called Carango, for that, but it's lacking some things. It does calculate mpg. I'd like to have my VIN, Lic, Insurance info, tire sizes, inspection due date. Maybe link the odometer in the mpg calculator, to reminders for oil changes and other maintenance. You might take a look at an app called aCar for some ideas. I think you're on to something. I've been looking for an app like this, for over a year.

Bear

The back button (hardware button) will work in the new version.

I'll definitely check out Carango, and aCar, but I am taking baby steps when it comes to programming, and I don't have the ability to code real sophisticated stuff yet. I would love to put a mileage calculator and some kind of notes function in in the future.

Right now I am hung up on "Where Am I" for the new version. It was easy to make with App Inventor, not so easy with Java script. The beta testers are checking it out, but it seems to be eating too much battery.

Old 11-06-2011, 05:11 AM
fla23017
Novice

Very nice. Lots of good info available at your fingertips away from home if needed.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:23 AM
SleeplessinVegas
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice, working on my Droid X.

Old 11-06-2011, 07:45 AM
threeten
Tourer

Originally Posted by Ron750
Cool app. The directions for an 03 are different. Put ignition switch on ACC when overiding.
I just learned this in the thread on fobs.

Anybody know what years this covers? I'd like to put the amended procedure in the app.

Old 11-08-2011, 07:23 PM
TheGrandPoohBah
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2,529 Likes on 1,424 Posts

Thanks for the App, works great on my Galaxy 2. Something else helpful I don't recall anyone mentioning would be the "Tilt" (Tip) reset. If your bike gets knocked over and this gets activated, you are not going anywhere until this is reset. Wonder how many out there don't know the procedure? Just a thought...

Old 11-08-2011, 08:39 PM
threeten
Tourer

Originally Posted by TheGrandPoohBah
Thanks for the App, works great on my Galaxy 2. Something else helpful I don't recall anyone mentioning would be the "Tilt" (Tip) reset. If your bike gets knocked over and this gets activated, you are not going anywhere until this is reset. Wonder how many out there don't know the procedure? Just a thought...
I have *ahem* had reason to pick my bike up off the ground - but I don't remember any procedure. I think you just cycle the ignition switch don't you?

Old 11-08-2011, 09:01 PM
threeten
Tourer

I just uploaded an update to the marketplace, it should show up on your phone automagically.

It doesn't look that much different, but it is a complete change under the hood and you may notice that the app is significantly smaller. It will make it a lot easier for me to make upgrades in the future, and the next version will implement some of the changes people have been asking for.

The hardware back button works now, and I have eliminated the software "back" and "home" buttons. The Location Finder updates automatically now so the "show my location" button is gone. I think most of you know that GPS eats up your battery life so you should exit the location screen and turn GPS off when you are not using it.

The dealer finder is not working quite right, it requires multiple taps on the back button to exit. I'm not sure why, I think it is the java script on Harleys web site. I'll fix it before the next release. I got burned out after all the time I spent on the location finder and I just didn't have the patience to puzzle through it right now.

I will add more links in the future including the helmet laws and road conditions. If there are other suggestions for internet links, let me know.

Please report any problems.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:45 AM
TickTock
Club Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I did not read through all the previous posts, I just downloaded and installed the app. I just want to give a big THANKS for doing this and making it free. This is great information to have on the road and you have made it convenient. This makes a lot less worry for trips.

Old 11-11-2011, 07:46 AM
AtkRWC
Elite HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Cool App, thanks

Quick Reply: New Droid App for V Twins