Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bagger Bars with Fairing OFF?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 02:40 PM
sgnden
Road Master
Received 56 Likes on 25 Posts
Default Bagger Bars with Fairing OFF?

Here's my quandary -

I went through the work to restore and custom paint a trashed Dragonfly. I love it, but when I use the Dragonfly, I need to adjust the bars (10.5") back so they do not rub the fairing inner. I am not diggin them that far back.

When I am running with the windshield, they can go forward a bit more, and when I want to run with neither the faring or shield, I like them forward even more.

SO - My first thought was to install "Bagger Bars" - any that have the base pullback to work around the batwing fairings on SG, Ultra's etc.

BUT - I am worried they will look odd when I running without the fairing or shield.

It's not a big deal to adjust, but wondering if you have seen those types of bars on a bike without the fairing...?

My other solution is to just get some 14" bars that have a more neutral pullback at the top so the reach is less affected when I need to pull em back. Make sense?

Later...

Old 09-23-2011, 02:51 PM
HalfFast
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

At the end of the day, you are the only one who is going to notice what your bike looks like so the best advice I have to give is for you to set it up the way it is most comfortable for you and RIDE IT!

Old 09-23-2011, 02:57 PM
sgnden
Road Master

Of course. Just value some additional opinions. <sigh>

Those "just ride" comments are always interesting...I have said the same to those who like to obsess and annoy about a bunch of minutiae (little stuff)...but it's usually meant to be a slight slam and implies that someone does NOT "just ride".

Oh, I DO care what the scoot "looks like" and I am not afraid to say so.

Old 09-23-2011, 03:19 PM
LAC187
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Take a look at our FL Apes, they have a unique style bend at the bottom that barely looks different from a standard Ape. We dont have a 10.5, but we do 12" thru 20". Here is a link so you can check out the bend....

http://www.lachoppers.com/catalog/di...266/index.html

Old 09-23-2011, 03:23 PM
sgnden
Road Master

Originally Posted by LAC187
Take a look at our FL Apes, they have a unique style bend at the bottom that barely looks different from a standard Ape. We dont have a 10.5, but we do 12" thru 20". Here is a link so you can check out the bend....

Thanks man, I'll check em out. I am going to go with 14" likely.

Diameter?

Old 09-23-2011, 03:41 PM
06 flstfise
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by LAC187

You have any pics with them on a bike without a fairing? I am in the same boat just with a fatboy. Thanks

Old 09-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Bill03E
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Why couldn't you take your bars to a fab shop, and have them put that slight bend in them down low, this way you can have the best of both worlds, but be prepared for them to crack the chrome , could powder coat them.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:39 PM
blackswampbiker
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HalfFast
At the end of the day, you are the only one who is going to notice what your bike looks like so the best advice I have to give is for you to set it up the way it is most comfortable for you and RIDE IT!
I disagree with you that no one notices what the bike looks like. If i had a dollar for every time I was told "that is a kick *** bike!" "that bike is sweet!" or the girls that say "very hot bike" I literally would never have to work again not to mention all the pics people have taken of my bike. So if your bike isn't noticed it most likely is just to stock to stand out.

To the op good luck in your search for bars those LA chopper bars look like they may fit your bill.

Old 09-23-2011, 05:50 PM
fireaxxe
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Check out the Carlini Gangster Ape this solved my problem to an extent. I had the straight up Apes that I had to do the same thing with to get my fairing on, I also have a dragonfly, and the Carlini has that slight bend that fits the fairing and looks good when the fairing is off. The only drawback is the width but they are growing on me.

Old 09-23-2011, 06:39 PM
LAC187
Former Sponsor
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 06 flstfise
You have any pics with them on a bike without a fairing? I am in the same boat just with a fatboy. Thanks

Unfortunately we lost a file server here at the office that had a ton of good pics with all kinds of bars, so NO, i dont have any. With that being said, I'll give ya a hell of a deal on bars, cables and wires if you want to be a guinea pig? Hit me up: chucky@lachoppers.com

Quick Reply: Bagger Bars with Fairing OFF?