Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Metric curise or Ultra classic othere then price

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 05:04 PM
skos
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: Metric curise or Ultra classic othere then price

Also see a post I started ack when.
https://www.hdforums.com/m_62059/tm.htm

Old 04-07-2006, 05:10 PM
skos
Elite HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Con't post
https://www.hdforums.com/m_64243/tm.htm

Old 04-07-2006, 05:17 PM
bountyhunter
Banned
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Metrics SUCK...there is no comparison, legendary Harley bagger passion/pride. Worth every $$$.

Old 04-07-2006, 06:35 PM
sedbiker62
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Dear spirit,
First of all, I have carefully selected your post to make my 301st post, thereby making me a "Senior Rider"[sm=happy046.gif]
I take this additional responsibility very, very seriously. With that said, let me say this about your quandry.

The comparison between a Harley Davidson of any flavor compared to an ultra refined metric is at best laughable[sm=icon_rofl.gif]
It is a well known fact that on a highly engineered metric you will feel nothing, hear nothing, smell nothing. The ride is incomprable. The materials superior. You won't have to worry about rust on your chrome due to the fact that it is mostly chrome plated nylon and or plastic. The metric will be virtually maintanance free with the enclosed sealed drive shaft. No leather care due to the genuine naugha hide vinyl seat. Many metrics now have advanced lubrication systems that require little or no maintanance at all. And the horse power...well, you'll have enough horse power to routinly travel above 130 mph, do smokey burn outs at the drag strip or on your sidewalk if you like. The metrics have come a long way baby.

Then you've got the Harley Davidson. Not only will you feel it vibrating under you the entire time your on it, the motor sounds like a singer sewing machine churning away at all times. The only way to get rid of that is put some pipes on it that will drownd out the sound of the motor. You'll be able to smell that noxious exhaust when you gouge on it. The pipes might glow red from the heat, speaking of heat. The heat from the exhaust in the summer will be almost unbearable at a stop light. The chrome is actually metal, so if you don't take good care of it, it will surely rust. The final drive is a belt! (used on John Deere in 1900) There are three different places to put fluids and none of them are coolant! For a couple of thousand dollars, you can get 100 horse power out of them. But they weight up to 800 lbs, so you'll need that to get it moving. Tons of leather upkeep due to Harleys facination with dead animal skin. Same old styling reminisant of days gone by. You can look at a 1930 model and see similar lines in an 2006 model. Oh yeah, the mileage...40 mpg +/-. Then theres the cost. Be prepared to drop at least 200 Franklins!

Harley Davidson has had some of the best marketing and advertising campaigns in the world. My favorite has to have been....
IF I HAVE TO EXPLAIN, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND....

Steve[sm=icon_rock.gif]
ORIGINAL: spirit54

hello There ,Im looking for toureing bike and the altra classis is on my list , How will they compeer with the metric bikes , I own a 1400 metric . Other then price .thank You Spirit.,