Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rush "Big Louie" Mufflers

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 08:22 AM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The CAT does make a noticable difference in sound.

Old 10-03-2011, 02:18 PM
Rush Racing Products
Banned
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

The cat makes a huge difference in the sound. Basically the 2.00" on a bike with open headpipes with sound similar to the 2.50" on a cat equipped bike. We recommend the 2.50" baffle on all cat equipped touring bikes (2010-12) with no tuning required. The cat will still provide the required back pressure for proper operation and the large baffle size will allow the super heated exhaust to escape without discoloring the muffler finish.
Unfortunately I saw the original post and never chimed in because it was stated the 2.50" baffles would be purchased and it was mentioned he spoke with our reps at the bike week. I assumed he knew to use the 2.50" because of that... anyways we all know how to spell assume... I'm now working with the OP to find a solution to replace the discolored muffler.
-Ryan

Old 10-04-2011, 06:01 PM
sat4314
Road Captain
Received 1,735 Likes on 81 Posts
Default original post

Originally Posted by Rush Racing Products
The cat makes a huge difference in the sound. Basically the 2.00" on a bike with open headpipes with sound similar to the 2.50" on a cat equipped bike. We recommend the 2.50" baffle on all cat equipped touring bikes (2010-12) with no tuning required. The cat will still provide the required back pressure for proper operation and the large baffle size will allow the super heated exhaust to escape without discoloring the muffler finish.
Unfortunately I saw the original post and never chimed in because it was stated the 2.50" baffles would be purchased and it was mentioned he spoke with our reps at the bike week. I assumed he knew to use the 2.50" because of that... anyways we all know how to spell assume... I'm now working with the OP to find a solution to replace the discolored muffler.
-Ryan
I am assuming being an 09 I will HAVE to use a fuel management system with the 2 1/2" baffle since it does not have a cat?

Old 10-04-2011, 06:28 PM
flashracer
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

how does this pipe compare with the jackpots in sound? are they quieter?

Old 10-04-2011, 06:32 PM
ybnorml
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 28,770 Likes on 11,543 Posts

Originally Posted by flashracer
I'm interested with this comparison also..........

Old 10-04-2011, 06:34 PM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by flashracer
Depends on the baffle you have in the Rush's. I would say that Rush 2" and larger on are louder than a Jackpot, ceteris paribus.

Old 10-05-2011, 08:40 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by sat4314
I am assuming being an 09 I will HAVE to use a fuel management system with the 2 1/2" baffle since it does not have a cat?
On the 07-09 or any touring bike with open headers, we recommend the 2.25" as the largest and that will required a fuel management system. The 2.50" does not provide enough back pressure and you will loose bottom end power. The 2.50" will work on bikes with big engine builds and higher compression.
-Ryan

Old 01-02-2012, 09:51 AM
Street Glide Guy
Novice
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Rush Racing Products
On the 07-09 or any touring bike with open headers, we recommend the 2.25" as the largest and that will required a fuel management system. The 2.50" does not provide enough back pressure and you will loose bottom end power. The 2.50" will work on bikes with big engine builds and higher compression.
-Ryan

I recieved a response from Rush via your Facebook site stating that for an 09 SG that 2 or 2.25 is recommended and will most likely not need mapping. I am a little confused. I would prefer the 2.25 and was ready to order it up however now I am not sure. I realize there may be no guarantees as for "to map or not to map" but if it is a for sure that 2.25 will need mapping then I will step down to 2.0.

Any insight?

Thanks

Old 01-02-2012, 10:10 AM
flashracer
Tourer
Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just installed the 1.75 on my decatted 11 limited. It did not have any more power until I put a SE ac and tuner.

Old 01-03-2012, 09:20 AM
Rush Racing Products
Banned

Originally Posted by Street Glide Guy
I recieved a response from Rush via your Facebook site stating that for an 09 SG that 2 or 2.25 is recommended and will most likely not need mapping. I am a little confused. I would prefer the 2.25 and was ready to order it up however now I am not sure. I realize there may be no guarantees as for "to map or not to map" but if it is a for sure that 2.25 will need mapping then I will step down to 2.0.

Any insight?

Thanks
It is not guaranteed you will have to remap with the 2.25" but it is still recommended with any exhaust or intake upgrades. You should be fine with the 2.25" assuming the rest of the bike is stock. There could be some decel popping but there will be enough back pressure for the O2 sensors to operate properly and maintain the stock air to fuel ratio.
-Ryan

Quick Reply: Rush "Big Louie" Mufflers