Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Road King Tunes Help

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2011 | 12:43 PM
iTiger
Intermediate

Originally Posted by petom
Google "Rumble Road Ultra". 100w speakers w/amplifiers built in.
I have the Rumble Road Ultra Speakers mounted on the handlebars of my RKC. They are loud and can easily be heard at highway speeds.

I bought an Fm/MP3 radio that is usually installed on ATV. It is half the size of an auto stereo. I put it inside a windshield bag--a temporary solution until I can make a brace to mount the speakers and radio to the windshield brace.

Eventually, I want to be able to unplug a power cord and remove the windshield, radio and speakers; taking them off and putting them back on together as a unit.

Old 09-21-2011 | 02:44 PM
wulffe
Tourer

Invictys - I was doing the same thing but skipping songs demands it be handy and I'm using the phone for GPS. The mount I made doesn't break the lines too much being mounted on the dash panel.

Bent aluminum covered with vinyl (all things I had) with two slots cut so I could use the 'holster' mount for my phone. Secured using the bolt low on the panel and nothing else - scared me for a while but seems to be secure.

Attached Thumbnails Road King Tunes Help-photo-on-2011-09-21-at-14.31.jpg   Road King Tunes Help-photo-on-2011-09-21-at-14.32.jpg  
Old 09-22-2011 | 04:46 AM
Moosestache
|
Cruiser

Thanks for all the help. I decided to go cheap and try this item http://www.gooddeals18.com/product/S...-speakers.html . It seems to get pretty good reviews, overall, and most people spoke highly of the service they got from the company selling them, and it was under $140 delivered. I looked at a couple of the other "cheaper" setups, but most had bad reviews either on the product or the company selling them.

They had another setup on sale for $10 more, with slightly bigger speakers and a different amp. That one had a wireless remote that a few people complained about, so I went with this one. I will try and post a review once I get them here and install them.

Old 09-22-2011 | 06:49 AM
Moosestache
|
Cruiser

Good service so far, ordered noon Wednesday, UPS tracking has it arriving Friday.

Old 09-22-2011 | 08:25 AM
TOK DADDY
Cruiser

I have a pair of J&M's on the handlebars with a Harley GPS that has MP3 storage abilities. So I get the tunes and have the GPS. I love it.

Old 09-22-2011 | 08:49 AM
jeffreyjames
Road Captain

Interested.. subscribed.

Old 09-22-2011 | 07:01 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master

I recently (2 months ago) purchased the Uniq Cycle Sounds classic motorcycle system. Price on their website is $329.00. What I really like about this system is the speakers are 4" (4.75" diameter x 3" deep) and they are Pioneer speakers. The mini amp is very small and the sound to me far exceeds what I was hoping. I have them mounted to my crash bar and can easilly (and clearly) hear them around town up to about 45mph without the windshild. With the windshield on I can hear them clearly up to about 70mph. I imagine they sound much better (louder) mounted to the handlebars as they are closer to your ears. I highly reccomend their product and will try to post some pictures of them mounted tomorrow.

Old 09-22-2011 | 07:03 PM
clarkchriston
Road Master

Here is the link to their website, and they have an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau.
http://www.uniqcycle.com/

Old 09-23-2011 | 03:29 PM
Moosestache
|
Cruiser

I received my stereo today before noon, so I ordered it Wednesday and it arrived Friday.

I hooked it up at lunch and got it working, I still need to zip tie the wires down and figure out how and where to stick the remote, but other than that everything went well.

The speakers come with an L bracket attached to them. I have a Road King Police edition with the tach in the middle of the handle bars. I bent the l brackets up just a bit and I was able to attach them to either side of the tach, using the bolts that hold that on. I will post pictures later. They fit nicely there, and seem to be held securely. I had to bend the brackets up so the speakers wouldn't hit the handlebars. I ran the wires back under the console and under the seat. I velcroed the amp inside the little box to the right of the battery console, opposite of the fuse box. Then I hooked the power up to the battery and plugged in my iphone.

I just ran it for a couple minutes to make sure it work, and it did. I didn't use the FM radio at all. Quick thoughts, it gets pretty loud and didn't sound too bad. I have a windshield on, and will post some more stuff when I get a chance to ride with it.

Overall, seems like a darn good price for a good system.

Old 09-23-2011 | 03:33 PM
Moosestache
|
Cruiser

Here is a picture looking down at the speakers.

Attached Thumbnails Road King Tunes Help-bike.jpg  

Quick Reply: Road King Tunes Help