Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

License Relocation Installation Help Request

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 02:10 PM
wulffe
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default License Relocation Installation Help Request

2007 FLHRC

Bought a used relocationl kit on Ebay. Seller said it was on his 02 RK. It is mostly 53702-04A. This is the typical streetglide original installation. 1st link below. But it has a tip light which has a connector on it in the box I received. No connector on the LED for the license plate on the bracket setup. Maybe he had the license lit differently. I dunno

The instructions (2nd link below) make it clear that I am not supposed to have a tip light with the LED's lighting the plate. Is this an issue? I sort of want to connect both the LED's and the tip light to the same connector and plug it in but maybe there is a good reason for saying not to.

What I got did not include a light cover with no clear part up top. Looks like a replacement came in the kit according to the picture. Do these kits usually have a cover? Any reason I have to replace it right away? Any suggestions for what to replce it with if not whatever my friendly parts guy would sell me?

It also didn't have the plugs for the turn signal wires but I am assuming that is something I can get at the dealer. Any tricks to installing the connectors? Just push in I hope. Am I supposed to have pins on the wires? I have the service manual but its not proving useful on this and the directions for the kit just direct me to the manual.

I may need to pull the connector off of the tip light if I need it for the LED. Again, the manual isn't helping much. Any quick clues? I know people have said use something like a paper clip but I am not seeing where I stick it in. BY the wire? Above the wire? From the side opposite the wires?

Thanks for reading

http://www.harley-davidson.com/gma/g...bmLocale=en_US

http://www.harley-davidson.com/en_US...ts/-J04174.pdf