Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Touring Leather Jacket (American Made)

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 08:17 AM
valvestem
Road Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Old 09-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Mighty Nation
Banned
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by vtwinbob
might want to check theses guys out, don't have there stuff my self, but a couple of friends do and they seem to be happy with them. http://www.chilhowee.net/

I ordered from chilhowee once, I made it very clear what I wanted, they assured me they understood and it would be no problem. They sent me what I specifically said I do not want. I called them about it and they said they would not make it the way I asked, what they sent is what they send to everyone and they refused to change it. They lied to me when they took my order, they never had any intention of making my merchandise the way I asked. I returned the order and will never do business with them again.

Old 09-19-2011, 08:37 AM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Justleathers.com. good quality leather jackets, vests and chaps.

Old 09-19-2011, 09:55 AM
XKnight
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Fox Creek is top notch as long as you don't need a true custom fit. I have one of their vests and the quality compared to the imported cheap Chinese crap is like night and day.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:55 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

I've been very pleased with the two Fox Creek jackets i've had - heavy leather and heavy brass zippers along with pockets that are lined with a heavy/durable liner that won't rip thru like so many other jackets do. The winter liner actually works which is also a switch from most leather jackets. In summer the vents work well.

Also have their elkskin gloves which are warm (unlined) down to about 40* F.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:17 PM
DeiGratia
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Heard good things about Fox Creek. Check out Schott NYC also - which is what I have. Great jackets and made in the USA.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:42 PM
rg_dave
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Sorry to hear that about Vanson. Had a couple of sets of race leathers from them in the 80s. Not my style now but they were very high quality and served their purpose whenever I went down in a race.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I've got 6 Vanson jackets. Four are the "competition leather" and the other two are 1000d Cordura. It's hard to picture another jacket that would be more durable.

I've also got a couple of US made Schott jackets, one Langlitz and a couple of HD branded jackets. None of these get any real use, they're mostly just hanging in one of my closets.

The lower price Vanson jackets are made in South America, but the rest of the Vanson line is still U.S. made, and still very high quality.

Old 09-19-2011, 01:58 PM
DR. V-TWIN
Former Sponsor
Received 39 Likes on 38 Posts

Schott makes really nice jackets. I have one and a Vanson (made in USA) as well. I like both of them. I got the Vanson used so no hassle. I have had the Schott for over 10 years. I love it.
http://www.schottnyc.com/

Drew

Old 09-19-2011, 02:04 PM
harley0711
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 95 Likes on 81 Posts

I see you live in Central/northern Ca

Iam in Turlock, CA

You will NOT find better leather AND they are made right there AND you can get them custom made for about the same price as leathers from HD

http://www.johnsonleather.com/

in San Francisco

My wife and I both had complete sets made back in 97 - I am in Turlock and if you would to come by and see what 11 year old leathers look like - PM me or email

I am VERY happy with them and since I am hard to fit off the rack (short arms) It was great to have a jacket that fits and after 11 years... still looks great..

Quick Reply: Touring Leather Jacket (American Made)