Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

This is Making Me Nervous

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006 | 08:21 PM
nikedad
Intermediate
Default RE: This is Making Me Nervous

having gotten rid of a 2000 road king in feb. to get a 06 street glide, i miss the road king. we have put about 5000 miles on the SG and i still think the RK is a better riding and handling bike. Sure, you can put the tour pack and a radio(or ipod) on the road king and it is even better than a batwing fairing bike. It is your decision to make, but my vote is with the RK. I will probably go back to a RK in the future.

keith

Old 11-21-2006 | 08:24 PM
DoCPooF
Road Captain

I had trouble deciding on a Road King or a Street Glide.

So I bought both.

Fairing is nice, but on nice warm days it sucks not being able to take it off.

Road King is nice but sucks on nice warm days w/o a radio.

Personally - I love my Road King. It's comfortable and versatile. You can put a windshield on it for long cruises, or take it off for a short ride around the city. You can always get a removable fairing for the RK if you'd like the fairing/radio setup. You can get a tour pack for the Road King for your cross country trips.

I think the Road King is the best all around bike if you don't want to be committed to a strictly fairing bike.

JMO.

Old 11-21-2006 | 09:01 PM
SteelCityScooter
Road Master

Some people just have all the problems!!!!!!

There is no way that I can tell you which bike would be better for you. Thats just something you need to figure out all by yourself.

But what I can do is this, remind you of what happens once you own that bike.

As been wittnessed in this thread alone, folks have said,

Buy THIS ONE and ADD what you need to make it close to THAT ONE.

or

Buy THIS ONE and TAKE OFF what you need to make it close THAT ONE.

What that all means is, FIGURE OUT what TYPE of RIDING that YOU will be using the BIKE the MOST for.

I tour, so I own a EGUC (aka Geezer Glide), my mods that need to be done, are to make some PARTS easily removable for when not needed, and easily ATTACHABLE for when they are.

I chose the EGUC because it had everything that I needed already installed, and I have found that removing things is alot easier then adding things.

Old 11-21-2006 | 09:12 PM
jmacdonald5
Outstanding HDF Member

One thing there can be no disputing is that the E Glide Classic is, dollar-for dollar, the hands down winner of "Most bike for the buck" contest. For a list of $17,695, you get A) more paint, B) more chrome, C) more gauges, D) more luggage E) more protection F) more lighting, and G), a sound system to boot! It's the best deal Harley has. Better deal in my opinion than even an Ultra cause the price jumps up almost 2k for cruise, cb, and rear speakers, things I don't really need. I understand that factors like "looking cool", still matter to some, but for this old vet whose had more Harleys than I can remember, my 05 classic is the best all around bike I have had yet.

[IMG]local://upfiles/20949/482D2D21F10A4D43A8D993C19DEB5C59.jpg[/IMG]

Old 11-21-2006 | 09:14 PM
Mac57
Road Warrior

I think you're right about the RK being the better looking of the two. At least that's what I thought before I bought my EGC. She gets better looking every day. I've never ridden a Road King so I can't honestly compare one to the other, but I can tell you this. If you plan on bringing along a passenger, I KNOW the Glide will not disapoint either of you.

Old 11-21-2006 | 09:16 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

HOLDDDDDD ONNNNNNNN!!!!!!!
I GOTTT ITTTT!!!!!!!!!!!!
thank god IM here as I always have a solution!!

heads RK,, Tails EG,,,,,,
ok,,, ready,,,,, call it in the air,,,,,,,,
flinggggggggg. flip..flip........
whats it gonna be?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,flip,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,flip,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
,,,flip,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,flip,,,

Old 11-21-2006 | 09:17 PM
electaRICK
Extreme HDF Member

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,flip,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,flip..........
flip,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,flip,,,,,,,,,,
,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,clink!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-21-2006 | 09:21 PM
Johnny Law
Cruiser

I have a RKC and an EG UC. Both are good bikes. I recently changed my paint set on the RCK so I could have the hard bags. The leather ones tend to get warped and worn. You can stuff more in the leather bags though. I opted for the ease of care on the hard bags though. I also went with the stock touring spoke mag wheel. I found that taking care of the chrome spoke wheels were a real time consuming job. After I bought my UC I no longer put many miles on the RKC. The UC is a much more comfortable bike. It handles well and the handle bars are comfortable stock. I plan to put Dyna Wide Glide bars on the RKC soon. That will be the third set. Just My 02 cents.

Old 11-21-2006 | 09:26 PM
Fishpart
Tourer

Sounds like you already have your mind made up, To be honest you can't go wrong with either but you have to go with what your gut is telling you!

Old 11-21-2006 | 09:47 PM
dswansbiker
|
Road Warrior

Thanks guys for the insightful responses. I know I can't go wrong with either one. It's still a coin flip for now.

Quick Reply: This is Making Me Nervous