Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Agitator wheels - finding it hard to resist

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 09:23 AM
mike1158
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Agitator wheels - finding it hard to resist

So i'm planning on doing a wheel upgrade this winter and i've been doing alot of research...
i WAS planning on doing a 19/17 combination (i know a little different)
and as i've looked into aftermarket wheels i keep coming up with package prices $2700-$3200
I like the 19" front.. i know 21 is the normal upgrade but i just can't bring myself to do it...... also i like a 17" rear (200 tire) over an 18" i've seen alot of pics with an 18" rear that makes the rear look high.. and i suspect the low profile 18" rear rides rougher...(though my planned future rear shock upgrade may help overcome that) Anyone out there find this to be true? 18"rides noticably rougher then 16"?
Now the AGitator ONLY comes in 18" rear.... but i'm trying to convince myself that since i'm gonna do CVO rear fascia and CVO extanded bags that the rear wheel won't be an issue..
also the problem with 19" aftermarket front wheels is that they ONLY come 3" wide..

Ok now the BIG issue.. i can get Agitators from "Z" for about $600 each... so even after 2 front rotors and and 2 new tires i'm thinking i'll be around $1800...thats asbout $1000-$1500 cheaper then aftermarket ! i could do my CVO rear end with that money.....

Also if i have any problems with the wheels it would be nice to ride over to the dealer and say "hey, fix it"

Ok guys lets hear your opinions......

thanks boys...be well...ride safe

Last edited by mike1158; 09-15-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 09:33 AM
kmayHD
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well one things for sure, youd have no problem selling your stock wheels. I know im always keeping an eye out for an 18inch SG front. Might help offset your cost some more. The agitators are a very sharp looking wheel no doubt.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:43 AM
PWFD
Road Master

I think bang for the buck the Agitators are perfect! Actually even if the price wasn't as sharp as it is I would still be drawn to them. I think they look great. I've seen them on StreetGlides, RoadGlides and Ultra Classics. Each time I see them on a bike I like them more and more!

T

Old 09-15-2011, 10:38 AM
MassHD
Road Warrior

I have both the 18"/19"set up and the CVO rear end. I am very happy with both. I am planning on buying an extra 19" tire and leaving in the garage just in case. That way if I get in a jam on a trip I could always have it shipped to a dealer for the install. Will put photo's on tonight.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:06 AM
Shakeydeal
Outstanding HDF Member

I went with an 18/18 combo from coastal moto. I am not a big fan of the agitator wheel, but that's just me. Still I would recommend calling Jeff or Jason and pricing a wheel/tire/rotor package. You might be surprised at how affordable (relatively speaking) it can be, I sure was.....

Old 09-15-2011, 11:08 AM
Fatboy Brian
Grand HDF Member
Received 467 Likes on 192 Posts

I think your thinking is sound and your bike is gonna look great with that set up. I had my stock SG wheels plated because I didn't want to drop that kind of change on a set of wheels right now. If I have the money at a later date I will most likely go with the same combo as mentioned in the your post.

Old 09-15-2011, 11:31 AM
mike1158
Road Master

Originally Posted by MassHD
I have both the 18"/19"set up and the CVO rear end. I am very happy with both. I am planning on buying an extra 19" tire and leaving in the garage just in case. That way if I get in a jam on a trip I could always have it shipped to a dealer for the install. Will put photo's on tonight.
if you ever do get in a real jam on a trip, i'm pretty sure a VRod tire (120/70/19) will get you home....most HD dealers should have one of those in stock

Old 09-15-2011, 12:04 PM
mike1158
Road Master

Originally Posted by Shakeydeal

I went with an 18/18 combo from coastal moto. I am not a big fan of the agitator wheel, but that's just me. Still I would recommend calling Jeff or Jason and pricing a wheel/tire/rotor package. You might be surprised at how affordable (relatively speaking) it can be, I sure was.....
A package deal from Costal Moto for my bike is "on sale" right now for $2800.. thats pretty much what i stated in my original post..... and there is no 19" front wheel option on that package price...though i'd imagine it would be the same OR even slightly higher than the 21" price.... i've seen this before due to the 19" not being so common

Old 09-15-2011, 12:29 PM
Coastal_Moto_Man
Former Sponsor
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

mike

I don't know if this Ronin wheel is something you might like or not but I have a set I can give you a killer deal on. The bad part is for this deal I only have an 18 front and a 18 or 17 rear w/matching front rotors and tires.

If you are interested shoot me a PM and I will price them out for you.

Also, I can get you of our wheels in a 19 x 3.00 at the same price as the 21. However we do not keep them in stock because it definitely isnt one of the more popular sizes.

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails Agitator wheels - finding it hard to resist-ccronin.jpg  
Old 09-15-2011, 12:59 PM
jrhd1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I may be able to help u... check ur mailbox..

Quick Reply: Agitator wheels - finding it hard to resist