Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Riding Maggie Valley Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 03:21 PM
rgrecco
Road Master
Received 44 Likes on 38 Posts

AppleCover Inn... Tell Dereck that Ron Grecco (aka: Fiv_oh_po_po) from "RNR" said hi... He will take good care of you...

Here's a link to his website with a bunch of rides listed http://bikerfriendlymotel.com/rides.htm

Waterfalls Tour Ride, Hit the Dragon, ect... ect... ect... Lots of AWESOME RIDING to do up there...

He has 2 websites... http://www.Applecoverinn.com and http://bikerfriendlymotel.com

Weather this time of year will be a little on the Chilly Side... So bring a Long Sleve Shirt and a Jacket... Maybe even Full Finger Gloves...

As for eats... There's Plenty of good food around around...

Enjoy Your Stay...

RON

Old 09-15-2011, 03:36 PM
DocO
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A second vote for the Applecover Inn. Extremely good rates. You won't be staying in the Hilton, but you won't be blowing a ton of money on a hotel either. You're there to ride, not mope at a hotel all day are you? Derrick is not only a hotel owner, he's a fellow biker who appreciates the community. For food - Joey's pancake place is good, but I've seen some insane lines outside that place in the morning. Country Vittles is good/cheap. Lunch/dinner - Hurley's (fairly new) has some excellent food. All of these are less than a mile from the Applecover.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:10 PM
aidansdad
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Route 9 to US74 east to Chimney Rock/Lake Lure is a good little ride. It's the Black Mountian exit off 40

Old 09-15-2011, 04:23 PM
horsefoots
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wheels Through Time a must. Better hurry, I heard they are moving.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Black_Hog
Road Captain
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Another vote for Wheels Through Time Museum. I heard a very long time ago he wanted to move. He’s still there for now.

I grew up in Chicago and had the best burgers in the world there. A great place to eat is the Legends Sports Grill in Maggie Valley (http://legendsofmaggievalley.com/) just a short distance from the Wheels Through Time Museum. Second best burgers I've had.

If you ride Deal’s Gap be careful.

Old 09-15-2011, 04:40 PM
Jinks
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks like someone mentioned Wheels Through Time, so I'll suggest that after you leave the Biltmore Estate you go across the street to The New Morning Gallery. Your wife will love you for it... After that take the BRP north out of Asheville for about 30 miles. On your right you'll find SR-80. Run that down, then back up. You'll pass your own taillight a few times! On another day take US-221 up to Blowing Rock. It crosses the BRP several times & gives you a feeling for the local life. Look up Mass General Store (the original) & drop by. Don't worry about missing any of the *good* roads up there, they're *ALL* good! BTW, you don't have enough time for all the good roads, great restaurants, beautiful sights, & interesting things to do there. I've been doin' it for over 30 years & still enjoy it!

Old 09-15-2011, 05:10 PM
JRandall80
5th Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ride to Boone and eat at the Daniel Boone Inn. They sit a table full of home cooked food in front of you and when you empty the plates they bring more. Easy ride from my house, only problem I've had there is it's little harder to hold up motorcycle after you eat 3 tables full of food.
Can also ride south to Highlands and across 64 through Cashiers. Really "good" roads that was as well. Just be sure to take coats, can't ever tell about Carolina's weather this time of year. Not supposed to get out of the 50's there tomorrow.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:00 PM
NoKenDo
Road Master
Received 50 Likes on 17 Posts

Smokey Shadows Lodge

A wonderful B&B. Recommended by Dale @ Wheels through time Museum..
They put on a dinner once a week that was the best eats we had during
our whole trip. It's a fun ride up to the lodge from the Valley.

Old 09-15-2011, 06:52 PM
CarrollB
Tourer
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DocO
A second vote for the Applecover Inn. Extremely good rates. You won't be staying in the Hilton, but you won't be blowing a ton of money on a hotel either. You're there to ride, not mope at a hotel all day are you? Derrick is not only a hotel owner, he's a fellow biker who appreciates the community. For food - Joey's pancake place is good, but I've seen some insane lines outside that place in the morning. Country Vittles is good/cheap. Lunch/dinner - Hurley's (fairly new) has some excellent food. All of these are less than a mile from the Applecover.
Was there in early August and planned to stay 2 nights but the price at the Applecover was so good we stayed 4 nights. Derrick rides a streetglide and it was like staying iwth family. I second Joey's and Hurleys. Hurley's has good steaks. Some great waterfalls near Highlands and a 120 foot one, Mingo Falls, in Cherokee. One waterfall is about 6 miles south of MV on the main road. If you like bluegrass there are two places that have live music starting Thursday nights. Maggie's restaurant serves a good breakfast when Joey's is closed. They pull in the sidewalks and the streets after dark in MV.

Old 09-15-2011, 07:19 PM
rleggs
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Granny's fried chicken at the Waynesville end of 19 is a great place to eat, 2nd the waterfall tour and the 209 ride to Hot Springs, a nice county twistie ride. We've got the 3rd week of Oct. reserved at a Waynesville farm house. Fourth year for the fall leaves and make the visit at least twice a year to the Maggie area. Most all of the area is biker friendly and you can get all the ride suggestions you need once your there.

Quick Reply: Riding Maggie Valley Suggestions