Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

RK Handlebar Swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2006, 10:16 AM
thesmithiz
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RK Handlebar Swap

ORIGINAL: hambone51

How would you describe the pull back angle on the RK high handlebars as compared to the stock bars?
It is the same, there is a chart in the catalog and also on the website that shows the critical measurements. For pull back angle the parts guy brought them all out for me and held one along with the stock so I could feel the angle for myself. You really owe it to yourself to do this in person everone has a recomendation that worked for them but we are all built differently and comfort for on is far from it for another. I rode with some friends and 3 of us have RKs all with different bars, mine were stock, sat on one with the reduced reach and that was rototiller style and very uncomfortable wrist angle, the next guy had heritage bars the angle was spot on and I could feel it right away. Keep in mind to that the hieght that your hands and arms fall into as well as the width and ability to reach without streching to far or bend from to close all result in shoulder and neck pain as well as hand numbness. I have artritis in my neck, upper back and shoulders so it comes in quick if someting isn't right, pay no attention to which bar you have hold each of them and see what feels right.

Old 11-23-2006, 03:42 PM
21Yankee
Cruiser

I switched to the Heritage bars too. Easy on my shoulders and back.

Old 11-23-2006, 10:00 PM
ndotken
Road Captain

I didn't like the wrist angle on the stock bars for my RKC, so I recently changed them out for Heritage Softail bars. Moved my hands up and angle is less severe. Much much more comfortable.

If you're planning on doing it yourself, may I suggest this site. I wish I would have had it when I was trying to figure out how to remove the cover on the handlebar clamp. It would have saved me alot of time.

http://mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/hhog/rkbarswap.pdf