Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Installed a mustang seat on my 11 FLHX....not happy...need suggestions

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 07:08 PM
phat_ridegt
Cruiser
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Installed a mustang seat on my 11 FLHX....not happy...need suggestions

I just swapped a mustang 76033 seat on my street glide, and it is not quite what i was looking for. I needed a wider seat for my wife, but I didn't want my ride to be affected. I am not sitting closer to the front of the bike, and taller.

I'm short and stocky (5'9 275) and I have a hard time reaching the ground now lol, and I'm shoved so far forward my boys start to hurt lol.

I'm wondering if anyone makes a 2up seat that would either leave the stock ride height, or lower, without moving the rider forward but has a nice wide seat for the passenger?

I see the mustang seat 79650 http://www.mustangseats.com/Categori...ing&reset=true
but it looks like it will push me forward more.

anyone have any suggestions?

Old 09-12-2011, 07:15 PM
HarleyArcher
Road Warrior
Received 35 Likes on 27 Posts

Did you buy it new? You could return it if you did. If not what do you want for it, that is the seat I am planning on buying for the wife once I have the money. Had the same seat on my EG and loved it. I am 6'3" though. Bryan

Old 09-12-2011, 07:17 PM
2deuce
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm 5'8 and have a Mustang wide vintage on my Deuce and a Sundowner on the RK.. both have great passenger seat.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:17 PM
phat_ridegt
Cruiser

I didn't buy it from mustang, i bought it on ebay. it was/is brand new though. Id like to get 350 shipped if i could...im ok losing a little money knowing what I need now....If you are interested pm me, we can work a deal

Old 09-12-2011, 07:21 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

If you like the feel of the Mustang,check out their Super touring. It supposed to move you back almost 2inches,but still really wide for you,and your passenger.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:58 PM
KW-HD Rider
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I went through what you are doing in the past month. I have an ultra and purchased the 76033 which you are correct moves the rider up at least 1 1/4 inches. I returned that one and got the 79556 super touring, which is 19 wide for the ultra rider and 14 wide for passenger, which moved me back 1 3/4 from stock and sat just slightly lower, less than 1/2 inch I guess. The passenger does lose an inch or so of front to back room but the pad is nice and wide with good support. I think most of the mustangs are more narrow in the front than stock to make reaching the ground easier. Hope this helps.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:04 PM
bigdumbnoitall00
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 668 Likes on 532 Posts

mustang had their truck at the milwaukee rally last weekend,after 3 trys i ended up with the supertour huge improment over stock, but does look big(im not too wooried about looks at 30,000 a year im aboiut comfort)wife didnd notice much improvment over stock and she lost about the inch i moved back.for me hieght seemed the same.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:21 PM
Mike
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 38 Likes on 35 Posts

I've never had much luck with Mustang seats. Last one I had pushed me too close to the gas tank, so I switched to Corbin. Both my dual tour and solo seats sit further back than the Mustang I used to have.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:46 PM
PWFD
Road Master

I purchase the 2010 CVO StreetGlide Seat for my SG I loved it. Rolled about 500 miles on it before I traded to an Ultra. Still have the seat sitting looking at me here. Thought about putting it on the Ulta but I've grown to love the BIG A$$ Pillow on the Ultra. The CVO StreetGlide Seat is very comfortable. Dropped me down about an inch and moved me back about an inch too.

T

Old 09-13-2011, 09:32 AM
hoethree
Elite HDF Member
Received 69 Likes on 21 Posts

Another opportunity for me to recommend C&C Seats! Love my SportTourer!

Quick Reply: Installed a mustang seat on my 11 FLHX....not happy...need suggestions