Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is your cold weather GEAR?

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Fathertime500
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is your cold weather GEAR?

The cold weather is right around the corner. I have the typical "LEATHERS" but the wife and I are looking for something a bit warmer without going with heated gear. The wife and I have one winter under our belt and want to know what the general consensus of the best gear out there is. I have read that the UnderArmor stuff is good for the first layer. How bout' it, whats the best! Thanks FT

Old 09-10-2011, 10:02 PM
dwg1956
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carhart flannel lined jeans over long johns no leather it gets cold and I use carhart winter gloves they work great

Old 09-10-2011, 10:07 PM
Cowboy Rob
Big Kahuna HDF Member
Received 2,574 Likes on 1,498 Posts

Leather jacket,ski gloves,fleece lined jeans,and wool socks. I know it isn't "gear",but lower fairing too,and they are worth the money in the cold.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:08 PM
aktid35
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Whiskey.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Hoblick
Road Captain

My base layer are schampa warm skin long sleeve, and pants.

The big need is something that is wind resistant, which i havent found anything that really works yet.

But the schampa warm skin is an excelent base layer

Old 09-10-2011, 10:13 PM
drukanfu
Supporter
Received 16 Likes on 6 Posts

Polypropolene Expedition Weight long johns with turdle neck, ski bibs, soft kneepads, insulated leather bike jacket, 700g thinsolate boots, wool inserts in deerskin gloves and full face helmet. ( and only if their isn't snow on the road). P.S. about 30yrs ago I actually seen a guy on interstate 41 riding his dresser in snow with his feet out like ski's !!! Honest ***** !

Last edited by drukanfu; 09-10-2011 at 10:45 PM.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:15 PM
TheMurf
Grand HDF Member
Received 3,941 Likes on 1,755 Posts
Default Cold weather gear

My wife is always cold, We traveled to Alaska and back with no heated gear.Highs in the upper 30's at times. If you want her to be warm and safe buy her this gear from BMG ( British motorcycle gear ). It not cheap, but if you want her warm,dry and safe it's the best..

Ladies Pioneer Pants
Details
Product ID: 149LadiesPioneerPants Are you tired of wearing Men's Motorcycle pants that someone told you fit you. Do you want to be just as well protected as some of the top street riders in the world without looking like the Pillsbury dough boy. The Ladies Pioneer Motorcycle Pants are just what you are looking for. These pants will protect you in all types of weather and with full motorcycle Armour and fire proof leg panels you are ready. The best part is they fit your curves, as they should, because what motorcyclist doesn't like a few good twisties.
Good enough for the British Couriers and cut to take the corners.
Comfortable all season touring motorcycle pants Du Pont Cordura® • Nomex® fire retardant fabric on inside lower leg acts as a thermal shield against exhaust burn • Double Cordura® at knee and seat • Detachable Thermolite® insulated liner

Discovery Jacket

Product ID: 136DiscoveryJacket This is the Motorcycle Jacket Motorcycle Magazines raved about. You may have seen the Discovery motorcycle jacket in the "Long Way Round". Claudio looked very comfortable in Siberia wearing one.
The Discovery Motorcycle Jacket is for those of us that refuse to let the weather dictate if we ride our motorcycle or not. The Discovery Motorcycle Jacket is fully armored with a long list of design features to fit every riding condition. If your next trip is taking you around the world or back and forth to the office the Discovery will make sure you get there dry and comfortable.
There are so many features in this jacket most customers tell us they are still finding more months after they purchased the Discovery Motorcycle Jacket.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:25 PM
1plumr1
Road Warrior
Received 413 Likes on 220 Posts

suck it up and buy the heated gear, you won't regret it.

Old 09-10-2011, 10:41 PM
CT-Bagger
Road Master
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Two logs on the fire in the fireplace.

Old 09-10-2011, 11:06 PM
HolePuncher
Cruiser

I know you guys are going to think I'm nuts, but I have a full set of Swedish military motorcycle canvas. It's a light green Canvaked-canvas shell with sheepskin lining. I smell like a military tent after I take it off. I'd put it on and take pics but I'm afraid some of you older guys would die laughing.

Quick Reply: What is your cold weather GEAR?