Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delmarva Bike Week

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 07:01 AM
gerjets
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Can't make it this year.

+1 on Beak's comment. Police are out in force during any major event in that area - bike week, senior week, wheelchair week, you name it!

Old 09-11-2011, 07:41 AM
seph10
Tourer
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

HO hell ya!!! Wife and I will be there ,,,say what you want, but the 2:30am ride on the drunk bus,,is the best enterainment of bike week,,,,LOL,,,,

Old 09-11-2011, 07:55 AM
jjpish
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes they closed up HD of Ocean City. The event is pretty much concentrated in the Salisbury area which is about 30-40 minutes from Ocean City. If you want a nicer ride from OC to the events take 610 off of Rt 50 and ride old ocean city road all the way down to Winter Place. Heading back to OC take a right out of Perdue stadium follow that road to the end take a left on Mount Herman road follow that to Powellville at the end of mt Herman take a right and follow signs to Berlin. This will get you up and back on some nice back roads and keep you off the radar....

There is also bikefest going on in the ocean city inlet which is not affiliated with Delmarva bike week. I think the same people that put on mountainfest in West VA. I heard that is 15 bucks to get in for all 4 days vendors entertainment etc...

If you have time and want to take a few nice rides and get away from the crowds take Rt 50 to 113 south and head towards Pocomoke. Take a left on Rt 12 and follow that to the end take a left and go past Wallops Island and onto Chincoteague Island. It is a really nice ride we do it all the time to get ice cream at the Island Creamery.

Also head west on Rt 50 and get off the Venna exit and go right follow signs for Blackwater refuge and ride around back in there. Elliott Island Hoopers Island Taylors Island. Beautiful riding back in there. That is where we will be Saturday.

Ride Safe
Joe

Last edited by jjpish; 09-11-2011 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:08 AM
09 YELLOWBIRD
Grand HDF Member
Received 860 Likes on 541 Posts

Been here 3x's. Every time has been great!

I have heard this is the fastest growing rally on the East Coast, if I'm
correct, 350K+ bikers last year.

Leaving Thursday and looking forward to getting away from the normal
work place rat race!!!

YB

Old 09-11-2011, 10:16 AM
Mikekoz13
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We're heading out 6:30 AM on Thursday. Seven bikes... one of which will be fellow HD Forums member DUGLAURA&FLHTI. We're heading back Monday AM.

Weather is looking pretty promising at this point.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:25 PM
cdestuck
Supporter

Received 216 Likes on 102 Posts

Heading there Wed morning from Central Pa. Just going for two nights to window shop the vendors and scarf some seafood.

Old 09-11-2011, 03:49 PM
Streetrunner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 50 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by sawbones25
Ocean City Harley closed up. They merged operations with Seaford HD.
Winter Park and the stadium will have most of the stuff. Seaford usually has a few vendors.
www.delmarvabikeweek.com

I'll be there Wednesday thru Sunday. Staying at 70th street.
Thanks for the heads up. Didn't know OC HD closed their doors. Now I understand the reason for the change, just wish the activities were a little closer to OC.

Old 09-11-2011, 04:33 PM
stupid_rope
Elite HDF Member
Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Streetrunner
I'm going. I've attended the last 4 or 5 bike weeks in Ocean City, MD but I'm a little puzzled this year. I was on their site and noticed that most of the major vendors are going to be at "Arthur Purdue " stadium on Salisbury which is a good thirty miles (40 minutes) outside of Ocean City. What's that all about? I'm used to seeing Kuryakyn, Performance machine, Mustang, etc. at Ocean City HD.
It's going to be a haul if you are interested in major vendors or live entertainment.
OC HD is gone...........

and yeah, i'm not too thrilled about it either. hell, i pass Purdue stadium on my way to OC. So i might as well save myself 45 minutes and just hit up the stadium and then head home.

either way, i hope for good weather. We had our MC's International Convention this weekend in the Quality Inn on the boardwalk. The weather starting Thursday was TERRIBLE. I've never seen sea water up the seawall and spill into the boardwalk until last week.

Old 09-11-2011, 05:17 PM
NAMVET
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bikes have been coming in all day.

Old 09-11-2011, 06:12 PM
FDHOG
Stellar HDF Member
Received 240 Likes on 124 Posts

Taking the old lady this year. Weather is uncertain, so I'll be trailering. Will be there from Thur to Sun. OC still has the better bars. Sad to hear that OC HD has closed.

Quick Reply: Delmarva Bike Week