Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashed today

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2011, 11:24 AM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 7 Posts

Well I just found out that the kid that hit me doesn't have insurance so now mine has to pay for it. Got the bike back and it's in rough shape but it looks like the frame is ok. Got to get it into the dealer so they can look at it.

Old 09-13-2011, 12:30 PM
cayers
Extreme HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sorry to hear about the accident and the insurance, but the main thing is you weren't hurt that badly.

Get well soon!

Old 09-13-2011, 03:19 PM
jerseyjeff62
Road Warrior
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

remember any motorcycle accident you can walk away from is a good one.i had one 8-23 cager ran a stop sign and just clip his rearend of the car bent engine guard and tab on frame,scratched fairing, broken passing and turnsignal lamps

Old 09-13-2011, 09:28 PM
rlaf75
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Important part is youre still here. I went down on sand going around a curve. Bike got totaled and i was in ICU for 2 weeks with several fractures including my neck. Fully recovered and Insurance bought me a new scoot. Ride on brother

Old 09-14-2011, 12:28 PM
BGHFD
Cruiser

So Sorry to hear bout this Dawg, I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Let me know if you need anything from a local guy. Curious what intersection you were at and who you are having repair the bike.
Good luck man.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:31 PM
longrideshields-1
Premium Sponsor
Received 86 Likes on 50 Posts

Glad you're okay. That really sucks about the insurance. Hopefully won't be too bad.

General Inquiries:
Info@LongRideShields.com
Sales and Marketing:
Sales@LongRideShields.com
Phone:

Old 09-14-2011, 01:04 PM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by BGHFD
So Sorry to hear bout this Dawg, I hope you have a speedy recovery.
Let me know if you need anything from a local guy. Curious what intersection you were at and who you are having repair the bike.
Good luck man.
I was in Fife, WA when it happened. I just got the bake back on Monday. I'm back at work today. I am planning to take it to Columbia HD. They did my brother good when he wrecked his last year. I was also thinking about taking it to Paradise HD in Tigard, OR because they are right around the corner from where I work.

I also just found out that I was in violation of company policy by driving my motorcycle up because I was on company business. I don't remember seeing that in the policy when I had to read it when I started here two years ago. I don't know what is going to happen now. My supervisor was instructed to tell me that I can't use my motorcycle when I go on business anymore. This just gets better and better! Of course had I driven my truck, a Dodge Ram 2500 with the Cummins TDI, I would have killed the kid that pulled out in front of me because of how big the truck is.

Where abouts are you?

Old 09-14-2011, 01:08 PM
njhonker
Tourer

glad your able to write this as well....hope recovery for you and your bike is quick....

Old 09-14-2011, 01:29 PM
BGHFD
Cruiser

Originally Posted by BiggestDawg
I was in Fife, WA when it happened. I just got the bake back on Monday. I'm back at work today. I am planning to take it to Columbia HD. They did my brother good when he wrecked his last year. I was also thinking about taking it to Paradise HD in Tigard, OR because they are right around the corner from where I work.

I also just found out that I was in violation of company policy by driving my motorcycle up because I was on company business. I don't remember seeing that in the policy when I had to read it when I started here two years ago. I don't know what is going to happen now. My supervisor was instructed to tell me that I can't use my motorcycle when I go on business anymore. This just gets better and better! Of course had I driven my truck, a Dodge Ram 2500 with the Cummins TDI, I would have killed the kid that pulled out in front of me because of how big the truck is.

Where abouts are you?
I rode with you and your brother on the HDF Mascot transport from Loves a few years back and if I remember right I'm about a mile or two East of you in BG (or was at that time).

I've had good and bad at Columbia but haven't used them (or any) in a while. Bought my bike from them and love Jamie and Stu. Had great and mediocre from Paradise as well as Latus. I usually call and see who has time and who makes me feel the best on the phone.

Glad to hear it sounds like you are going to be all right and hope for the best for your bike as I've see how you have kept it looking and running like new all these years.

I hope the 'kid' can appreciate how lucky he is that you weren't hurt worse or that you didn't follow company policy and have something bigger to RAM him with.

Hope to see you on the road one of these days.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:32 PM
zoozoo
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 31,440 Likes on 8,420 Posts

I totaled mine 10 days ago (09-05-11) It was a 99 Electra Glide Standard. No broken bones but my left hip is badly swollen, road rash on both elbows, and just sore all over. Topped a hill and there was a car stopped behind a car that was attempting to make a left turn. Fish tailed several times and was thrown from the bike. I managed to avoid hitting the car. Boys I'm here to tell ya that pavement is hard and it hurt but I'm going to be alright. I was very lucky!

Insurance paid off. I'm going to wait until all the soreness is gone before I start getting serious about buying my next scoot. Being a young man of 60 I don't know how long that's going to take. If the economy keeps going like it is, and it looks like it will, I might find a good deal on one.

Quick Reply: Crashed today