Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Crashed today

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2011, 06:48 PM
MNPGRider
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 65 Likes on 51 Posts

Rest easy, do what the doctors say. Bikes can be replaced.

Old 09-11-2011, 12:17 AM
BiggestDawg
Advanced HDF Member
Received 41 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks everyone for the well wishes but there is one thing I have to say. Yes I know that the bike can be fixed or replaced and that my life is far more important than a bike BUT I have put a lot of work and effort into keeping my bike in good condition and running well and to lose that is heart breaking. That is literally my blood sweat and tears there from all of my own work so the chance of losing that is very frustrating to me. It's a death to me if it can't be fixed. But yes the fact that I can state that is a gift from God he watched out for me, I know that I kind of keep him busy that way, but just the same it hurts that something that I have worked so hard on over the years is in jeopardy of being nothing but scrap. JMHO that's all

Old 09-11-2011, 07:49 AM
Jeepin_Lawyer
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to see you are ok!

Old 09-11-2011, 08:04 AM
Jackie Paper
Seasoned HDF Member
Received 4,972 Likes on 4,164 Posts

Glad you're OK.

Old 09-11-2011, 08:14 AM
leftydave
Intermediate
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Get well soon

Old 09-11-2011, 08:34 AM
pappy42
Cruiser

Received 90 Likes on 51 Posts

Hope you heal up and hair over soon!

Old 09-11-2011, 09:52 AM
Arizona
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

Glad you're OK. The bike will get fixed or replaced and you'll be back in the game soon enough. I've been taken out twice by cages with head up ***, so know how it is.

The bike will take a couple months to fix most likely. Use the opportunity to make little upgrades when they fix it. For example I had to have my handle-bars replaced the last time, so had them change from stock to Reduced Reach as the labor charge was already covered, so just a few dollars difference in price between the two is all I had to pay.

Old 09-12-2011, 08:25 PM
Egras2k
Road Master
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Glad you are not too bad. My wife hit a deer 3 weeks ago on her Deluxe. She is still recovering, but the bike is done. I am ok with that. Can get her another bike.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:02 PM
northeastconfederate
Tourer
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I hear you loud and clear about the bike and the possibility of it being totaled. I crashed a little over a year ago and didn't make out as well as you. Ended up in a wheelchair for a little while and had months of recovering from injuries, still not 100%. I heard you say you're grateful you didn't get hurt worse, but really, it could have been WAY worse.

I too was worried about my bike being totaled because it was 8 years old at the time ('02) and had 65,000 miles on it. Not sure what the value is, but figured it was going to be close. I wanted MY bike back. Long story short, the original insurance check was for $5,500 with a $1,500 supplement to follow. I did as someone else suggested and took the opportunity to make a few changes I'd been wanting to make but wouldn't have if not for the wreck. If worst comes to worst and it gets totaled you can always buy it back from the insurance company and do what you want with it. My neighbor's kid did that (he crashed shortly after I did and totaled his). Now he has a cool custom he built from his bike.

Old 09-12-2011, 09:12 PM
2-whlz
Cruiser
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad to hear you talk about it hope all continues to get better for you and the bike good luck and will send a prayer out for ya

Quick Reply: Crashed today