Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Front Fairing Hidden Antenna

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2011, 08:01 AM
danzio
Stellar HDF Member
Received 579 Likes on 305 Posts

Originally Posted by shortride
I bought 2 of these on ebay and used a "Y" adapter to hook them up together. I listen to my XM most of the time but the FM antenna's together work good.

So did you mount one along either side of the inner fairing or both on the same side? I installed one last night, put the box on the bottom of the inner fairing and ran the antenna up the inner faring on the clutch side. It works better than the one that was in there and actually AM is coming in very good but the FM and WB are marginal at best. Would putting another one along the other side make much difference?

Old 09-15-2011, 08:45 AM
nvsteve
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 78 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by danzio
So did you mount one along either side of the inner fairing or both on the same side? I installed one last night, put the box on the bottom of the inner fairing and ran the antenna up the inner faring on the clutch side. It works better than the one that was in there and actually AM is coming in very good but the FM and WB are marginal at best. Would putting another one along the other side make much difference?
Theoretically two antennas aren't supposed to work well when there's only one input jack. It seems to have worked for me. I have the other Metra that's T shaped and a stubby external.

Old 09-15-2011, 09:47 AM
Spartaman
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I purchased the Harley one. It doesn't work well either. I barely can go outside of town and pick up the digital signals (20 miles).