Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bub's New stealth Muffler ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2011 | 05:35 PM
62pan
|
Advanced
Default Bub's New stealth Muffler ???

Bub has a new stealth muffler out that is 50 state EPA approved 80 dec. noise limit. they look kinda like the Rineharts, with the end cap styles available. they are 4" dia. and I believe you can get them with the 2" or 1 3/4" inlet, I've been told they are just a tad louder than stock but let the engine breath quite well. Anybody know anything on these mufflers ???

Old 09-09-2011 | 06:04 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

I ran the Bub 7 Stealths for quite a while on my RK. I changed them out when I went to V&H dresser duals and Monster Rounds.

They are not that much louder than stock, but they have a very deep note. They did let the engine breathe better.

Quality is good. I did have to warranty some end caps.

Old 09-09-2011 | 07:39 PM
valvestem
Road Captain

I know my dealer priced them at over 700 clams for me recently, I lost interest rather quickly.

Old 09-09-2011 | 07:42 PM
Toypuller
Seasoned HDF Member
Veteran: Navy

Damn, I guess I need to dust them off and get them in the parts section. LOl

Old 09-10-2011 | 03:26 AM
Watch Guy
Stellar HDF Member
Default I'm running the Bub7 Stealth's with V&H Power Duals

They have a really nice deep sound very similar to the monster ovals but not as loud. They are louder than stock but not too much. The sound level is 90db at 2500 rpm. When you crack the throttle they really come to life.
Just one thing to watch for, these Bub's came with the note that 'they are not designed for catalytic equipped exhaust systems'. I'm not sure if they have Bub Stealths for both types of exhaust. I changed out my header pipe to get rid of the cat but did install the Bubs just before I did. They had this awful buzz about them that was uncomfortable. After I installed the Power Duals the Bub's sounded awesum.

Attached Thumbnails Bub's New stealth Muffler  ???-bub7stealth.jpg   Bub's New stealth Muffler  ???-bub7stealth1.jpg  

Last edited by Watch Guy; 09-10-2011 at 03:33 AM. Reason: addendum
Old 09-10-2011 | 08:52 AM
62pan
|
Advanced

Originally Posted by valvestem
I know my dealer priced them at over 700 clams for me recently, I lost interest rather quickly.
Was that $ for just the mufflers ? If so, I wouldn't buy anything from that place ! ( Or am I getting screwed ? ) I got a quote from a place out east, for $850. for the Bub stealth mufflers with end caps - Bub true dual stepped 1 3/4" to 2" header pipes with heat shields and mounting hardware - dual 02 ports, in chrome. price includes shipping too. I thought it was a pretty decent deal ? seeing that $50.00 of the price was shipping alone.

Old 09-11-2011 | 06:00 PM
Samzilla
Advanced
Default Makes for a comfortable ride.

I replaced the exhaust on my 2009 Ultra Classic with the Bub 7 True Dual Stealth TDX system and love it. I wanted something that wouldn't give me a headache when cruising but would still give me performance. I first installed the Bub 7 True Dual Stealth (non-TDX) but my wife didn't like the way the pipe exited the left side of the bike. She worried that it was too close to her leg and would be too hot. Notwithstanding her concerns, the bike performed great and was about as loud as stock at cruising speed. If you got on it though, it had a nice growl.

However, I gave into my wife's wishes and swapped out the Stealth for the Stealth TDX (I have the Bub True Dual Stealth Head Pipes with 20 miles on them for sale if anyone is interested). I spoke with the engineer at Bub about the TDX and he said that the TDX with the crossover was the best performing pipe they make. I have a TTS Mastertune on the bike and had it dyno'd with the Stealth and again with the Stealth TDX. Changing to the Stealth TDX from the Stealth non-TDX, I gained 7hp.

Here are the Dyno numbers on my 2009 96" HD Ultra Classic. No head work was done. Just the following "bolt on" modifications.

Exhaust is 2009 Bub 7 Stealth TDX True Duals
Cycle-Rama High Intensity 575 Cams
Kuryakyn H-Five Mach 2 Air Cleaner
TTS Master Tuner

Horsepower = 91.5

Torque = 99.5

I've ridden with the Stealth TDX full system for 2500 miles and the bike runs flawlessly and sounds just the way I wanted. Great Harley growl when you roll on it hard but quiet as stock at cruising speed. In fact, friends riding behind me on their Ultra's said they can't hear my exhaust at cruising speed or when I ease in the throttle to pass someone. I can ride all day without the resulting headache or buzzing in my ears. I also enjoy the stereo much more because I don't have to turn it up so high to hear it over the exhaust anymore.

My friends who all have Reinhart True Duals on their Ultra Classics, have said they prefer the way the TDX rear pipe is routed on the right side of the engine. They say it looks better, allows easier access to various engine components, and is routed away from the passenger's right leg making it cooler.

Old 09-18-2011 | 08:18 PM
Dakotazeb
Tourer

Originally Posted by 62pan
Bub has a new stealth muffler out that is 50 state EPA approved 80 dec. noise limit. they look kinda like the Rineharts, with the end cap styles available. they are 4" dia. and I believe you can get them with the 2" or 1 3/4" inlet, I've been told they are just a tad louder than stock but let the engine breath quite well. Anybody know anything on these mufflers ???
I had a '03 SERK that I put the BUB 7 Stealths on a couple years ago. Best sounding mufflers I've had on a Harley. Not too loud, just a nice low tone. I sold that bike last year and recently purchased an '02 RKC that I want to put the BUB 7 Stealths on but have found they are not available at this time. Backordered until November. I called BUB and in talking to them was told about the new Stealth mufflers they are just coming out with. Same exact muffler at the 7 Stealths (4" can) but they look just like the BUB Straight 8 Slip-ons. Same black end caps in your choice of Classic, Chiseled or Grooved. I ordered a set from Phat Performance Parts for $495.95. I've been told I'll be one of the first to have a set.

Old 09-23-2011 | 05:10 AM
62pan
|
Advanced

I'm watching UPS tracking myself, My set of pipes and stealth mufflers are to be here by Tues. Hope they are everything people are saying......Quiet and some power.

Old 09-23-2011 | 06:17 AM
Terrabella
Road Master

I am surprised that more people here don't look into one of our spongers regarding toning down their pipes. For about $ 175.00 bucks you can get your stock pipes modified and get a better sound as well as letting the engine breath. I don't work for this company nor do I have any interest in them. Check out their web site...it may be the answer to your concerns and resolve your problem.

http://www.americancustom.com/

Quick Reply: Bub's New stealth Muffler ???