Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bub's New stealth Muffler ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011 | 08:19 AM
Dakotazeb
Tourer

Originally Posted by Terrabella
I am surprised that more people here don't look into one of our spongers regarding toning down their pipes. For about $ 175.00 bucks you can get your stock pipes modified and get a better sound as well as letting the engine breath. I don't work for this company nor do I have any interest in them. Check out their web site...it may be the answer to your concerns and resolve your problem.
I've had dozens of mufflers on Harley baggers over the years. I've tried various modified stock mufflers but have never found one that I liked real well. Some weren't too bad. But if someone is looking for a nice sound that is a little louder than stock and still produces good performance the BUB Stealths are the best I've found.

We spend $15k-$20k on a new or used Harley and then worry about spending an extra $200-300 on a set of mufflers. Doesn't seem to add up, does it?

Old 09-23-2011 | 09:03 AM
Terrabella
Road Master

Originally Posted by Dakotazeb
I've had dozens of mufflers on Harley baggers over the years. I've tried various modified stock mufflers but have never found one that I liked real well. Some weren't too bad. But if someone is looking for a nice sound that is a little louder than stock and still produces good performance the BUB Stealths are the best I've found.

We spend $15k-$20k on a new or used Harley and then worry about spending an extra $200-300 on a set of mufflers. Doesn't seem to add up, does it?
Well, yes it does. We spend $ 25k of an car but wouldn't think of buying tires that cost
$300 each. Of course, some folks do pay that kind of money but I think motorcycle mufflers are way over priced. For example; V&H Monster Ovals range in price to as high as $ 800.00. Now, how in the world could it cost that much for a set of mufflers??? Saving money is a good thing...wasting it is foolish. Love my Harley but it is one of most over priced motorcycles made and technological outdated.

Old 09-27-2011 | 06:25 PM
62pan
|
Advanced

Came in today and everything looks good, Very good packaging on BuBs part, would take a lot of abuse to get something damaged in their packing ! Just need to install now.

Old 10-01-2011 | 09:20 PM
62pan
|
Advanced

Put on the BUB TD with stealth mufflers and was a little surprised at start up. It's not as quiet as I thought it would be. I think it will be fine going down the road cruising, it's just not what I figured an EPA approved set up would sound like, It has a good bit of bark when you crack the throttle. Was getting late when done with, so will put some miles on tomorrow and see. Maybe that it's a 103 with stage two cams that it is a bit louder than I expected ?

Old 01-04-2012 | 09:33 AM
ultra_classic
Club Member

Originally Posted by 62pan
Put on the BUB TD with stealth mufflers and was a little surprised at start up. It's not as quiet as I thought it would be. I think it will be fine going down the road cruising, it's just not what I figured an EPA approved set up would sound like, It has a good bit of bark when you crack the throttle. Was getting late when done with, so will put some miles on tomorrow and see. Maybe that it's a 103 with stage two cams that it is a bit louder than I expected ?

Any update?

Old 01-04-2012 | 12:00 PM
Dakotazeb
Tourer

Originally Posted by 62pan
No doubt that with the 103 stage 2 you will have more sound. Also, in my experience, True Duals will also make your bike louder. I had the BUB 7 Stealths on an '03 SERK and now the BUB Straight 8 Stealths on an '02 RKC with a 95" big bore stage 2. Very happy with the sound on both bikes. I agree, they are not extremely quiet but quieter than nearly all other after market muffler's I've had on. Certainly an improvement over stock and the performance is also good.

Attached Thumbnails Bub's New stealth Muffler  ???-bub-mufflers-006.jpg  
Old 01-04-2012 | 09:11 PM
jwd98056
Advanced

Originally Posted by Toypuller

Quality is good. I did have to warranty some end caps.
Bub has not been shipping any Stealths since about October. They are redesigning the end caps to deal with heat related problems with the chrome. Supposedly the end caps are being made with a different material that when chromed can handle more heat. They just started shipping models with black end caps and expect the chrome end cap models to start shipping in a couple more weeks. I just received my set of Stealths with black end caps a few hours ago.