Notices
Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Windshield tint

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 01:30 PM
az_steve
Tourer
Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Windshield tint

I am thinking of getting a Long Ride Shield, most probably the Ultra with the flip top. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on the various tints that they offer. I really do not want another clear shield. I think the dark tint would look the best with the black paint on the Limited. But I was wondering how the dark tint might affect seeing through it. Not that I look through the shield much now as it is.

Anyone have any issues with seeing through the dark tint? Or maybe have the light or medium tint from LRS and have good and/or bad issues with them?

Thanks

Old 09-08-2011, 01:45 PM
Texas Rapier
Road Warrior
Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

I have a light tint on mine and the only things I don't like is getting caught in the rain or night driving.

If you try to duck down behind it in the rain you can't see through it very well if at all. Night driving is ok as long as your looking over the windshield, anything closer than 50 feet is hard to see through the tint.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:06 PM
HarleyRanger
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For daytime riding only a dark tint would be fine. For any or much evening and/or nighttime riding a medium tint is the way to go.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:15 PM
gmc
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

/ATTACH]I like the light tint because even though you usually are looking over it you can see thru it in the daytime. I don't ride at night so that's not a probem. I like the Stealth because it gives you great visability on the sides and better stability in the wind. I have the 8" Ultra also but usually have the Stealth on.

Attached Thumbnails Windshield tint-75vette07egc7.jpg   Windshield tint-dsc01803.jpg   Windshield tint-stealth8.jpg   Windshield tint-ultra8.jpg   Windshield tint-classicrear.jpg  

Old 09-08-2011, 02:21 PM
RollaMo
Grand HDF Member
Received 502 Likes on 312 Posts

Originally Posted by az_steve
I am thinking of getting a Long Ride Shield, most probably the Ultra with the flip top. I was wondering if I could get some opinions on the various tints that they offer. I really do not want another clear shield. I think the dark tint would look the best with the black paint on the Limited. But I was wondering how the dark tint might affect seeing through it. Not that I look through the shield much now as it is.

Anyone have any issues with seeing through the dark tint? Or maybe have the light or medium tint from LRS and have good and/or bad issues with them?

Thanks
Yes, the dark tint will look the best!
BUT, you will not be able to see through it very well at all at night.

Keep the shield short (less than 9") and the dark tint will be fine.
Anything taller, and you will be looking right at the edge most of the time.
You'll still look over it most of the time, but on hilly terrain there are too many times when you end up looking through it.

I have a dark tint 8" recurve on my SG, and am happy with it.
Before this one, I had the 9.5" dark tint recurve and experienced what I mentioned above.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:16 PM
JohnScrip
Road Warrior
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have the dark tint (10" if I recall) and the last place I'd want to be in the rain is looking through a windshield anyway. Maybe in a hail storm until I can pull over...

Dark, yes. Easy enough to see up close when it's dark if a pothole tries to sneak up on you though.