Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meancitycycle, saddly dissappointed

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 10:21 AM
FLAMED96
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Meancitycycle, saddly dissappointed

Sent my 2008 Streetglide seat out to Meancitycycles to have the high density foam installed after paying $50 shipping to, $140 for the work to be performed and another $40 return shipping I get a seat back that I don't think anyone here would install on there bike.
It took my wife and I about 45 minutes of removing staples and tugging and pulling just to get the wrinkles out of the seat cover, I wrote on the packing slip that the ride position was fine just cut a little off where my legs go to the hiway bars, I now sit at least an inch higher.
I wrote them an email with pictures and gave them a week to respond and I have not heard a word, all I really wanted was some type of acknowledgement that they heard back from a customer that wasn't happy, but I got nothing in reply.
I am a repeat customer of there's but am not happy at all, I would not recommend doing business with them. STAY AWAY.

Edited, added a picture of the seat, no I don't work for a rival company, I'm a power plant operator, yes I live in CA and its expensive to send a seat all the way across the country, no I don't think a week is too short of a time for a reply, he (Allen) seemed having no problem calling me when he wanted a credit card #
For those of you that have the opinion that I am being too hard on them, look at the attached picture and let me know if you would put that piece of crap on your bike.

Update 9-9-11
I talked to Allen this morning, the issue is resolved, I am happy with the results of our conversation, we talked in a professional manner and all is good.

To all you haters out there, slow down and read the post, I got reply's of I need time to break the seat in etc etc, I was not a happy customer, I did not and do not ask for something for nothing, could I have made a phone cal,l yes I could have but I thought the picture I sent was more than I could convey in a conversation over the phone. I am a repeat customer of theirs and was very happy with the work they performed on my 2003 Roadking.
Again, the issue has been resolved, I am no longer a dissatisfied customer and am happy with the conversation I had with Allen.

Attached Thumbnails Meancitycycle, saddly dissappointed-dscf1157.jpg  

Last edited by FLAMED96; 09-09-2011 at 11:21 AM. Reason: Update
Old 09-08-2011, 10:25 AM
aviaator
Cruiser
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow, first bad review I've seen of MCC. You don't work for Corbin or Mustang do you??

Old 09-08-2011, 10:30 AM
parabellum_9x19
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Sorry to hear that.

I hate to point this out, but Mustang makes an excellent seat and for the same money you could have bought one of those.

Just a thought for the future.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:31 AM
DbbleD
Cruiser
Default Happy

I know that Allen (the owner) has been on vacation but... I just got my seat back from them about a week or so ago and I'm very happy with the way it turned out. I know it takes about 800 miles for the foam to break-in; maybe it would be lower then.

Surprising you haven't heard back... Good luck!

Old 09-08-2011, 10:31 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Rutt-Roe....
Slick not saying that you shouldn't be pissed but 1 week not to reply well that just doesnt seem like much time to give them to reply...
Mean City has a Very good reputation here on the forum....Hope everything works out...
I would be surprised to hear from other members that feel the same as you..
Good Luck....

Old 09-08-2011, 10:36 AM
hopperop
Banned

Originally Posted by riteway
Rutt-Roe....
Slick not saying that you shouldn't be pissed but 1 week not to reply well that just doesnt seem like much time to give them to reply...
Mean City has a Very good reputation here on the forum....Hope everything works out...
I would be surprised to hear from other members that feel the same as you..
Good Luck....

Mean City has had plenty of bad reviews on this forum, for some reason they disappear, can't figure out why?

Old 09-08-2011, 10:41 AM
Clayvis
Road Master
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Did you overnight or 1 day ship? $40-$50 seems high for shipping a seat. Or did it include "handling" charges. I know it's more about "Who" gets handled than "what" on some of these deals...

Old 09-08-2011, 10:48 AM
riteway
Extreme HDF Member
Received 988 Likes on 679 Posts

Originally Posted by hopperop
Mean City has had plenty of bad reviews on this forum, for some reason they disappear, can't figure out why?
WOW...coming from someone who has been on the forum for 1 month you sure have been quite observant....I also have a Mean City seat and am very happy..But by your statement of PLENTY of bad reviews we should all be cautious,not just in seat restorations but in every thing we buy.

Old 09-08-2011, 10:54 AM
shooter5074
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: Western Illinois, land of bad roads, and corrupt politicians
Received 30 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by FLAMED96
Sent my 2008 Streetglide seat out to Meancitycycles to have the high density foam installed after paying $50 shipping to, $140 for the work to be performed and another $40 return shipping I get a seat back that I don't think anyone here would install on there bike.
It took my wife and I about 45 minutes of removing staples and tugging and pulling just to get the wrinkles out of the seat cover, I wrote on the packing slip that the ride position was fine just cut a little off where my legs go to the hiway bars, I now sit at least an inch higher.
I wrote them and email with pictures and gave them a week to respond and I have not heard a word, all I really wanted was some type of acknowledgement that they heard back from a customer that wasn't happy, but I got nothing in reply.
I am a repeat customer of there's but am not happy at all, I would not recommed doing business with them. STAY AWAY.

Can we see the pictures that you sent to them? I was thinking of having my seat done this winter.

Old 09-08-2011, 11:07 AM
Jack Straw
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Interesting thread. As I was considering them, til I started weighing the costs.

Yep, it is about 40 bucks to ship a seat (or box that it will fit in) to North Carolina, from here anyway. Then, another $140 for the work, then shipped back....sorry, not gonna happen.

I've actually decided on a sheepskin and/or gel butt pad, sheepskin for sure, something that I can take on and off for long rides only.

Quick Reply: Meancitycycle, saddly dissappointed