Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Meancitycycle, saddly dissappointed

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 01:22 PM
JonnyD
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I had a Mustang seat on my RKC for two full riding seasons; My *** would kill me after 400-500 mile days. Sold it and bought a Sundowner seat, done by Allen @ MCC, and can now ride all day long.

Granted, I never had to send the seat in, I bought it used from a forum member. After feeling how well the seat fits, I wouldn't hesitate using him for future mod's. I'm sure he will answer back the OP, and get him all squared away. I see you emailed him, did you try calling? I've found that a better way to get hold of people who may not always deal with email. It's riding season, still, and I'm sure he is busy. Good luck!

Old 09-08-2011, 01:28 PM
2004Sierra
Road Master
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Add me to the very satisfied list.

After their memory foam mods mine is the most comfortable seat that I have ever ridden on.

I don't know about all the negative post. Apparently I have missed them.

Have read many, many satisfied postings.

Having met Allen, I was extremely impressed with his commitment to quality and customer satisfaction.

Plus, I would have never took it on my own to correct anything on the seat before I contacted the person I had paid good money to fix.

"ANYBODY" can slip up occasionally. Its how they fix the slip up that counts.

I assure you if there was a problem, Allen would have taken care of it.

Something just doesn't seem right with this thread.

Old 09-08-2011, 01:41 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Originally Posted by baust55
dosn't sound right ? i live in nebraska it cost me $18 and change to ship my seat to NC USPS ,that included insurance , it was $15 two day fedex back . my seat had a few wrinkles when it came back but they went away buy the time i had rode about 800 miles on it . it also settled down about an inch lower. i had my 2008 FLHRC stock seat lowered about 2.5" and the nose narrowed a cpl inchs .. i had memory foam installed also.

so my total bill with shipping and tax was about $144 . looks great rides comfy a very thrifty deal . way cheaper than a new seat.
i also made a 1650 mile round trip to the blackhills in s.d.over a 4 day weekend on this seat and was comfey the whole ride .
Same here (NE member) and my seat experience w/MCC was fantastic...a$$ couldn't be any happier. I'm guessing Allen & crew are probably taking a well deserved post-Sturgis break & might have the"new guy" working seats back home. Would'nt take one bad experience & week delay w/response to start a rash request for negative business. I say calm down, try calling MCC & speak w/Allen directly - he'll do it right.

Let's not all jump off the deep end & ruin a good vendor relationship (with discounts) because of a few poor experiences - give them a chance to work...

Old 09-08-2011, 01:45 PM
aviator
Elite HDF Member
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by hopperop
You don't know me and you don't know how long I have been on this forum. Don't read a name and assume you know everything.
while he doesn't know you... we all know you joined Aug 2011. UNLESS you've changed your screen name for some unexplained reason... if so, makes one wonder if you were banned in a different life.... ????

Old 09-08-2011, 01:48 PM
hougz79
Road Warrior
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to have them rework a Mustang seat of mine. Until I got the price quote. I can buy another seat for almost the same amount. In my experiences aftermarket seats make a much nicer seat pan which would warrant the costs to "get it right". Stock HD seats however always seem like an afterthought from the MOCO, so paying over 200 bucks to make a piece of plastic feel better doesn't pass my test. I would rather take that 200 to C&C and get something awesome the first time.

I do agree that every company makes mistakes, and it's how they fix these mistakes that they earn there mettle. I run into it with custom golf clubs a lot. But I do not agree with the customer having to eat the shipping cost to correct an error. But that's my 2 cents. I am not bashing MCC, I just prefer aftermarket seats.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:07 PM
lightweight bob
Road Master
Received 151 Likes on 101 Posts
Default Shipping charges

Originally Posted by baust55
dosn't sound right ? i live in nebraska it cost me $18 and change to ship my seat to NC USPS ,that included insurance , it was $15 two day fedex back . my seat had a few wrinkles when it came back but they went away buy the time i had rode about 800 miles on it . it also settled down about an inch lower. i had my 2008 FLHRC stock seat lowered about 2.5" and the nose narrowed a cpl inchs .. i had memory foam installed also.

so my total bill with shipping and tax was about $144 . looks great rides comfy a very thrifty deal . way cheaper than a new seat.
i also made a 1650 mile round trip to the blackhills in s.d.over a 4 day weekend on this seat and was comfey the whole ride .
UPS shipping charges have gone outta sight recently with new surcharges for "large size,
fuel surcharge," etc. Sent mine to MCC in July from Palm Springs, CA via UPS - $57 one
way there. Got it back by Fedex and I can guess why. I do a lot of online shopping and
noticed that more and more is coming via post office - USPS.
BTW - when it was said and done my SG seat cost $265 for memory foam and no other
custom work. Worth it - sort of; makes 400 mile days tolerable for this 70 yo butt. Did
4k in 14 days to Sturgis and back. Gotta say my lady ain't impressed though -like the
sheep skins more than the memory foam. Do MCC again? Yeah, but start with a better
seat than an '06 SG stocker. Can't turn chicken sh*t into chicken salad no matter how
good you are. IMHO.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:12 PM
hopperop
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aviator
while he doesn't know you... we all know you joined Aug 2011. UNLESS you've changed your screen name for some unexplained reason... if so, makes one wonder if you were banned in a different life.... ????

I've said this once today, now I'm going to repeat it for everyone.

"You really don’t know how many pseudonyms a company or a person has. I could have a dozen or more and use them to control the outcome of any conversation I want."

What other pseudonyms do you have Aviator? Which company or companies are you using them for? How do we know you haven't been banned, how do we know any truth at all? What's your point Aviator? Are you saying because you don't know me I'm not telling the truth? But we should all trust in Aviator? Who is Aviator compared to other unknown faceless person? Who am I? Who cares?

Old 09-08-2011, 02:12 PM
EastSideBikerTrash
Road Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You don't have to be a member to read the posts or search the archives. I know several people that lurk and are very up-to-date on forum topics.

Old 09-08-2011, 02:27 PM
ftanner
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So... Are you saying that because he is new to the forum that he doesn't have a legitimate beef? Or that he has the right to complain? Or both?

Old 09-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Iceman24
Seasoned HDF Member

Received 2,250 Likes on 1,641 Posts

Wow...this topic turned ugly real fast - can't we all get along??? I "believe" everyone on this forum is an adult...right??? If so - then act like one....who cares how many alias names you have.

Quick Reply: Meancitycycle, saddly dissappointed