Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What are you Paying for Monotube & Chrome Lower Installation?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2011, 06:52 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by Progressive Suspension
We're curious... Have any of you done a Monotube kit and chrome fork legs install? How much did you spend (with install)?

We're hearing a wide range of cost on this and want to hear what you guys have to say!

Your input is greatly appreciated!
why are you asking? Any thoughts about doing installs? I asked one of the progressive guys at the laughlin rally how much it costs to install and he said it wasn't his problem.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:13 PM
SharkBite
Road Captain
Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm hoping my next major upgrade will be the monotube kit and the rear shocks also....damnit, now I may have to add in the chrome front end (too lazy to do the labor myself and that is something I'd like to do)

Old 09-12-2011, 07:15 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by hog95023
why are you asking? Any thoughts about doing installs? I asked one of the progressive guys at the laughlin rally how much it costs to install and he said it wasn't his problem.
Love the attitude! I want that guy selling my products!

Old 09-12-2011, 07:17 PM
hog95023
Elite HDF Member
Received 161 Likes on 106 Posts

Originally Posted by beaureed445
Love the attitude! I want that guy selling my products!
That's what I left thinking too.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:23 PM
HighLiner
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I have a set of monotubes and the dealer made every excuse not to install them. So they are still on the shelf!

Old 09-12-2011, 07:35 PM
aktid35
Tourer
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I paid i think $279 for the monotubes at phatbaggers i think phat something at least. Never did the lowers so I don't know what to tell you there, I would just do it yourself, it gives you a chance to really know your bike, and really isn't that hard of an install I think it took me maybe 6 hours and that was with beer breaks and not knowing what I was doing. Also gives you a chance to inspect the brakes, tire, and lube everything up.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:45 PM
HighLiner
Road Warrior
Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by aktid35
I paid i think $279 for the monotubes at phatbaggers i think phat something at least. Never did the lowers so I don't know what to tell you there, I would just do it yourself, it gives you a chance to really know your bike, and really isn't that hard of an install I think it took me maybe 6 hours and that was with beer breaks and not knowing what I was doing. Also gives you a chance to inspect the brakes, tire, and lube everything up.

How about I buy the beer and ride over and you can help me.

Old 09-12-2011, 07:46 PM
JIMSFBL
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

$500+ for the chrome front end kit from HD, $259 for race tech gold valve emulators. 4 hours labor @ $63 per hr = $252.

Total = around $1,100. (for a 2001 FLHT)

Oh and for those of you thinking chrome frontend don't forget that you will need to get the chrome rotars, chrome calipers, wheels etc...

Then once you do the front suspension upgrades, then of course you have to do the rear and I went with Ohlins there.

All this started with me wanting $259.00 front suspension upgrade haha.

Old 09-13-2011, 11:17 AM
Progressive Suspension
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Find it hard to believe one of the rally guys told you it was not his problem. We do share an install area with several other brands and often refer install questions to them, but anything to do with our product is ultimately our responsibility!

The original request for info was to help solve an internal question regarding time and $ alloted by a dealer for a Monotube install and how many of them are combined with chrome leg installs.

Originally Posted by hog95023

Old 09-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Progressive Suspension
Former Sponsor
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Can you PM the dealer info to us? We have a team of techs traveling the country training dealers, sounds like maybe these guys have been neglected.

Originally Posted by HighLiner
I have a set of monotubes and the dealer made every excuse not to install them. So they are still on the shelf!

Quick Reply: What are you Paying for Monotube & Chrome Lower Installation?