Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

detachable king tour pack mount for streetglide

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2011, 12:48 PM
lowhook
Stage IV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default detachable king tour pack mount for streetglide

I bought a king tour pack from a for my streetglide but it has an amp on the bottom of it and i can't seem to find a detachable mount that will work with the amp on it? I also need to find out if the wiring harness works with my streetglide stereo as well? I have attached pics

Attached Thumbnails detachable king tour pack mount for streetglide-img_20110907_122739.jpg   detachable king tour pack mount for streetglide-img_20110907_122833.jpg  
Old 09-07-2011, 01:01 PM
mkguitar
Extreme HDF Member
Received 398 Likes on 340 Posts

you don't say what year bike, that could make a difference for aftermarket parts ideas, it all changed in 2009.

assuming you are going to use the amp and rear speakers- can you take off the amp, put the mount plate on the T/P, then put the amp on the bottom of the mount plate?

measure and drill a couple of holes for fasteners?

Mike

Old 09-07-2011, 01:13 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

You can't use the amp with your OEM speakers: the amp is 8 ohm impedance (based on the -98 p/n) and your OEM speakers are 2 ohm impedance. That amp was made for '05 and older models using the Radio Sound head unit and its 8 ohm impedance and compatible speakers.

Also, even with the amp removed, you'll need to use a spacer at the front to level the tour pak due to its heavily molded bottom ('06 and newer tour paks are essentially flat by comparison), and drill new holes to make it compatible with the '09 and newer tour pak racks--the hole patterns are different.

There is a recent thread in which you can find the p/n for the spacer if you remove the amp. If you retain the amp (and you shouldn't unless you change your speakers to 8 ohm impedance or wire 4 ohm speakers in series), you'll need spacers to raise the tour pak to provide clearance to attach the detachable rack in addition to the new holes (either in the tour pak to match those in the rack, or in the rack to match 4 of the 5 holes in the tour pak--the fifth hole won't be used unless you also use a U-tube from the '08 and older detachable rack kits.

As for the wiring, it won't be plug and play. The HK radio you have uses a 35 wire "Ultra" connector to access the pinouts for the rear speaker and passenger control wires at the rear pods; the '05 and older models use a 23 wire connector that isn't compatible with the HK's pinouts you'll need.

It's not difficult to disassemble the 23 wire connector and reinsert the wires in the correct chambers of a 35 wire connector to access the rear speaker pinouts. Whether the passenger control wires (PTT/squelch and Volume/Mode) are compatible with the HK radio I simply don't know.

Likewise, I'm not familiar with the power and ground wires the amp needs.

Good luck with your project.

Carl

Last edited by Harleypingman; 09-07-2011 at 01:20 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:17 PM
lowhook
Stage IV

Opps i for got the year! It's an 07 streetglide I'm mounting it on. But as far as the tour pack it was from a 2001 electra glide classic.

Last edited by lowhook; 09-07-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:32 PM
lowhook
Stage IV

I also added titan speaker upgrades to the factory stereo. But i am considering a subwoofer in side the bags or tour pack as well with some sort of amp?

http://www.easternperformance.com/pr...ods-for-Harley

Old 09-07-2011, 01:32 PM
lowhook
Stage IV

I also added titan speaker upgrades to the factory stereo. But i am considering a subwoofer in side the bags or tour pack as well with some sort of amp?

http://www.easternperformance.com/pr...ods-for-Harley