Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to think of the fake Electra Glide fairings for metrics.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 08:40 PM
RGfan
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oh...my....God.....

All this thread is missing is a comment from that Tower controler from the movie "Airplane":

"Well, lets see......first the earth cooled. And then the dinosaurs came, but they got too big and fat, so they all died and turned to oil. Then, the Arabs came, and they all bought Mercedes Benz's. And Prince Charles started wearing all of Lady Di's clothes.........
I couldn't believe it....."

Wait, what were we talking about??

Old 09-08-2011, 10:52 PM
Harleyboyddk
Road Master
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don't care what the other cat is riding. Just me, my bike, and the road.

Old 09-09-2011, 05:22 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by Port Dawg
Frenchbiker...I had more room on my 1300R VTX than on my Road King. Little different seating position for sure. The VTX felt bigger and longer.

That being said I like how much more stable the King is at low speeds and nimbler (to me)
Roomier, maybe, but faster, with all the extra weight he added, no way. And the single rotor on the front is a no-no for me.

Old 09-09-2011, 09:04 AM
nivensid
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frenchbiker
Roomier, maybe, but faster, with all the extra weight he added, no way. And the single rotor on the front is a no-no for me.
I need to clear up some things. I am in no way trying to compare the VTX to a Limited. They are two different class of bikes. No one better than the other, just a different ride. I tried to make the X into what I wanted and I came close, but the bottom line is I sold it and got the Limited because it has always been my dream bike. So far it has lived up to that.

I guess I am a little touchy when I see riders bash the metrics, most have never sat or rode one but what the heck, they still have their opinions and they have that right to voice it.

I ride my Limited now and hope it to be the last bike for me, but if I have to go back, no problem here.

So for everyone here ride safe on what you have ,enjoy and
"QUIT RUINING MY LIFE"

Old 09-09-2011, 09:15 AM
mi2az
Outstanding HDF Member

You know what. I had a Yamaha VSTAR that I use to have and it had a HD Batwing fairing on it.

Old 09-09-2011, 12:16 PM
Ultra Dare
Advanced

And...

Old 09-10-2011, 09:26 AM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by nivensid
I need to clear up some things. I am in no way trying to compare the VTX to a Limited. They are two different class of bikes. No one better than the other, just a different ride. I tried to make the X into what I wanted and I came close, but the bottom line is I sold it and got the Limited because it has always been my dream bike. So far it has lived up to that.

I guess I am a little touchy when I see riders bash the metrics, most have never sat or rode one but what the heck, they still have their opinions and they have that right to voice it.

I ride my Limited now and hope it to be the last bike for me, but if I have to go back, no problem here.

So for everyone here ride safe on what you have ,enjoy and
"QUIT RUINING MY LIFE"
You're the one who wrote "I miss the bike even when on my Limited, had more room, it was faster, better stereo." "More this", "better that" are comparisons.

I really don't care what you prefer and what you miss, it's your right. It's my right to call BS when I read that a stock 1300cc VTX with a good 200lbs of extra stuff on it is faster than a stock 103" Ultra Limited. It's also my right to write that a single front brake to stop it ain't safe.
I'm not bashing metric bikes, I owned several of them and have nothing against them. I would have wrote the same thing if you had a 1200cc Sportster.

This being said, enjoy your Ultra, it's a great bike.