Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What to think of the fake Electra Glide fairings for metrics.

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 03:21 PM
dyna07custom
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I think you are thinking to hard about it. Not everyone can afford or want a HD so let them have a fairing as others have said they have been around for a long time even before hd used them

Old 09-08-2011, 03:27 PM
frenchbiker
Elite HDF Member
Received 53 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by nivensid
Here is my bike a 2005 VTX 1300S with a HD Fairing, everything else is aftermarket. I built this bike and there are alot of goodies on it I do not have time to list. I miss the bike even when on my Limited, had more room, it was faster, better stereo.
I sold it to get a Harley not because of the quality of the bike, it was made here in the USA just like HD. I wanted ABS, six speeds and never had a HD before.
I have rode with all makes of bikes and for the most part the people are nice and we have a good time. People like you are a small few who I just ignore.
How could your ex-VTX with its single front brake, its 1300cc engine, and something like 200lbs of add-ons could be faster, roomier ........ and safer (important criteria), than a 1600cc Touring bike with the same original equipment, designed from the get go to handle it, like the Ultra Limited?
I could have accepted the argument if you had used a 1800 VTX but a 1300?? No friggin' way, even if your Limited is bone stock.

Old 09-08-2011, 04:39 PM
Ultra Dare
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

- Nivensid,
Any plans to put VTX parts on your Harley?

Old 09-08-2011, 06:05 PM
nivensid
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ultra Dare
- Nivensid,
Any plans to put VTX parts on your Harley?
As a matter of fact I did before I sold it. The mustang passenger backrest, front and rear cup holder, flag mount, tour pack organizer, cell phone mount. Have more, need anything?
Let's be friends and one day maybe we both will learn a thing or two.
Enjoy your bike as I will my Limited.....be safe.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:06 PM
Port Dawg
Road Warrior
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Frenchbiker...I had more room on my 1300R VTX than on my Road King. Little different seating position for sure. The VTX felt bigger and longer.

That being said I like how much more stable the King is at low speeds and nimbler (to me)

Old 09-08-2011, 07:20 PM
airchuk
Cruiser

And I traded my Vulcan 2000 for an Ultra - - I'm 62 and needed a "smaller" bike. I still miss the room and the raw horsepower. I lost 500cc and 150 lbs going to this Ultra. The Ultra isn't better or worse - - it has cruise control.

And when I installed a fairing, hard bags and a trunk, I seriously doubt I was trying to imitate the "legendary" HD.

Get over it................................................ ...........................................

Old 09-08-2011, 07:29 PM
Ultra Dare
Advanced

Originally Posted by nivensid
As a matter of fact I did before I sold it. The mustang passenger backrest, front and rear cup holder, flag mount, tour pack organizer, cell phone mount. Have more, need anything?
Let's be friends and one day maybe we both will learn a thing or two.
Enjoy your bike as I will my Limited.....be safe.
Ok, this post has gone WAY beyond its intention. Enough nonsense. It is what it is. I'm happy, your happy. Good. Who are We to think that We can tell another what is right or wrong with their rig? I set out for some understanding. Got it. I'd delete this thread if i knew how.

Old 09-08-2011, 07:49 PM
Sledge Hammer
Cruiser
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, I took the time to read this entire thread, so I have to put my 2 cents in as well. If the person wants to put a fairing on, I don't think they have any decent looking choices other than a bat wing style. A lot of people are trying to imitate the Harley style as well. That's cool. I did it. Back in '99 I bought a new Roadstar because you had to wait 6 months or more to get a Harley. Almost immediately I started buying accessories and making modifications including custom flame paint etc. Even won a couple of shows with it. I was at a Memorial Day ride and a bunch of guys were standing around the bike and talking about it. I was in the background and overheard one say "man he has put so much into that bike he could have had a Harley". He was absolutely right, but no one would have been standing around checking it out. I loved the Yamaha, but I always did want a Harley. The Roadstar did have more room. I am really enjoying my Ultra now though. It is just a popular style and everyone is going to do it. The Yamaha Venture fairing looks an awful lot like the Harley Batwing. We sure cant expect everyone to put a Goldwing look a like on can we?

Old 09-08-2011, 08:09 PM
BRW
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Doesn't bother me a bit. I was a metric jockey for years until I could afford the Harley,never had the fairing on any of them but just don't care

Old 09-08-2011, 08:18 PM
DrPlastic
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 34 Likes on 29 Posts

Nothing.....Same thing goes for guys putting them on Roadkings and Dynas! If ya wanted a batwing ya shoulda gotten a Glide!

Quick Reply: What to think of the fake Electra Glide fairings for metrics.