Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Garage Door Opener / Liftmaster

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2016, 12:05 PM
madsonp
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by bbissell
I just installed mine and got the creative solutions unit this weekend. The install was a breeze and the door went up and down no issues. I tried it yesterday and the door would not close or open. I have the unit wired into the switch on the wall. I was wondering can you wire it right into the back of the opener? My garage has ceilings that are almost 18 feet high and the closest plug was up on the upper storage level. I am thinking that having the unit right above the opener would be better for the signal.

Thanks for the help.
Yes, according to the instructions which reads as follows: "The receiver can be placed at any location where the control wire can reach either the wall control or the garage door opener". Also if you have an issue with the range of the opener, here's a write up I did on a modification I did to mine that increased the range if you're interested. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...ification.html

Last edited by madsonp; 01-04-2016 at 01:11 PM. Reason: Added wording from the instructions
Old 01-04-2016, 12:55 PM
madsonp
Road Captain
Received 38 Likes on 19 Posts

One other thing, if you ever need to replace your receiver for some reason you can find them here http://www.skylinkstore.com/store/us...-receiver.html This is the same receiver HD sells just without the HD logo, and at $19.95 v.s. $74.95 is quite a bit cheaper. I haven't been able to find a cheap transmitter though. Those of you who may be considering getting the Harley opener I suggest you buy the receiver mentioned above then buy the transmitter from Boardtracker HD http://www.boardtrackerharleyonline....tter-91561-01b, total cost going this route is $78.95 v.s. $139.95 for the receiver and transmitter from Harley

Last edited by madsonp; 01-04-2016 at 01:10 PM. Reason: Spelling corrections
Old 01-04-2016, 02:48 PM
bbissell
Road Master
Received 129 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by madsonp
Yes, according to the instructions which reads as follows: "The receiver can be placed at any location where the control wire can reach either the wall control or the garage door opener". Also if you have an issue with the range of the opener, here's a write up I did on a modification I did to mine that increased the range if you're interested. https://www.hdforums.com/forum/elect...ification.html

Thank you will give this a try this weekend!

Old 01-05-2016, 08:54 AM
jim15flhtk
Stage II
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Chamberlain issue

I have the same issue. Found a link for $55.00 that sells a receiver that clips on the receiver in the garage. I will let you know if it works when it gets here.

Originally Posted by Kicks
Ahhh, months later and still the original question is un answered yet, hopefully someone knows the answer?..

I have the same--- a Chamberlin Lift Master Elite series purchased about a year ago.
I have the Harley opener installed on the bike already and have the Harley unit plugged into my garage door open unit and when I press the harley light switch twice the Harley unit plugged into the garage opener blinks and clicks recognizing the Harley but the door does not open...pain in the ***!

Called Chamberlin and they had zero knowledge of their own product!!!

I'm really hoping someone here knows the fix for again, this damn thing is wired to my bike and it sure would be nice if it worked instead of buying a remote and zipping it to my handle bars...

Blah!

Old 01-25-2019, 01:25 PM
Walt.F
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Lift Master Workaround

I just had 2 new lift master garage doors installed and wouldn’t you know my H-D remote wouldn’t work. I read through this thread and grabbed one of the new remotes. I opened it up, took out the board, flipped it over and shorted the terminal that worked the door I parked my bike in, the door opened! I took the H-D transmitter and my solder gun and soldered the two wires in place. I ran into the garage because the installers were still cleaning up, plugged the transmitter in, went to the bike and turned the ignition to the on position and hit the high beam flash button and up the door went! The installers were in awe! I don’t know who was happier, them or me! Probably me! The guy said he had been doing this for 30 years and would have never thought it would have worked.

Thank you everyone for all the input and advice! Together we can do almost anything!

Old 01-25-2019, 03:53 PM
TKDKurt
Elite HDF Member
Received 126 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by FastHarley
I have a Liftmaster because I had a broken shoulder & arm with a screwed up back. I could not lift the damned thing. I had it installed and specified the small remote. They brought 2 really large ones that are used for a car. Been calling the installer for 2 months now for my remotes. He just promises and nothing happens. Where can I purchase a few small pocket or key chain remotes? Thanks ahead of time.
That's what I have, the key fob type that I bought on Amazon. IMPORTANT NOTE--You have to buy a remote that corresponds with the color of the "learn button" on the garage door opener. Some are purple, some are yellow, some are orange, etc. If you get a remote that works with openers with a purple learn button it will NOT work with a machine with a yellow learn button. This is the type I have and they work great.
Amazon Amazon
)

Old 05-20-2021, 06:16 PM
fyremyke1
Stage IV
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Can't get my Liftmaster to work with the Harley opener

Old 05-20-2021, 06:17 PM
fyremyke1
Stage IV

And how do you know which one goes to the wall unit?

Old 05-20-2021, 06:19 PM
fyremyke1
Stage IV

That's exactly what I have. I spliced the red HD wire to the red wire and the black to the black. the high beam and the HD receiver and talking to each other, I can hear the switch and the light blinks. But the damn door won't open or close

Old 05-20-2021, 06:37 PM
lyork
Stellar HDF Member
Received 451 Likes on 318 Posts

Is your lift master a newer opener with a rolling code? If so you need one of these

https://www.creativeaccesssolutions....dule_p_14.html

Last edited by lyork; 05-20-2021 at 06:44 PM.

Quick Reply: HD Garage Door Opener / Liftmaster