Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD Garage Door Opener / Liftmaster

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 01:30 AM
BrownSanta
Road Warrior
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

i have my liftmaster key fob remote mounted under the center windshield bag with high strength velcro. out of sight and conveniently located.

Old 06-18-2013, 10:19 AM
Kicks
Tourer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ahhh, months later and still the original question is un answered yet, hopefully someone knows the answer?..

I have the same--- a Chamberlin Lift Master Elite series purchased about a year ago.
I have the Harley opener installed on the bike already and have the Harley unit plugged into my garage door open unit and when I press the harley light switch twice the Harley unit plugged into the garage opener blinks and clicks recognizing the Harley but the door does not open...pain in the ***!

Called Chamberlin and they had zero knowledge of their own product!!!

I'm really hoping someone here knows the fix for again, this damn thing is wired to my bike and it sure would be nice if it worked instead of buying a remote and zipping it to my handle bars...

Blah!

Old 08-19-2013, 10:38 AM
FunkyFungus
Advanced
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same boat, Kicks. Bike is already wired for the HD remote, and no matter how I wire it to the wall switch, or motor - the light blinks, the door doesn't open, and the wall switch clock goes to 12:00.
I like the motion sensor turning the lights on, so I don't really want to replace the wall control with a doorbell switch. I'll keep looking around and post back if I find a solution. (I have the Liftmaster 8550).

fF

Old 08-19-2013, 11:00 AM
howlingbear3
Novice

That would be awesome if someone could figure a workaround as I still have a useless Harley opener on my Wide Glide that can't communicate with my Chamberlain opener........ :-( Not sure who to be pissed at.... Harley or Chamberlain...... probably Chamberlain as the opener worked fine with an old Sears garage door opener. Had to resort to "velcroing" the mini button remote to the back of my tool bag.....

Old 08-20-2013, 07:54 AM
FunkyFungus
Advanced
Default Solved for me

After much research, I came up with this plan, and it works like a charm. First, cannibalize an extra remote and short the switch with a screwdriver and verify operation. A little solder, and the pics tell the story:

Attached Thumbnails HD Garage Door Opener / Liftmaster-gdo1-large-.jpg   HD Garage Door Opener / Liftmaster-gdo6-large-.jpg  
The following users liked this post:
jsmith800 (05-04-2017)
Old 08-20-2013, 05:28 PM
RobsSG
Cruiser
Default Flash2Pass

I have heard menay folks taking back the HD garage opener. I never tried it as I got afeered of it. I got the flash2pass model. works perfectly and I can add a module to my cars if I want. Wify says after 10+K of chrome and redicoulous accessories...that ONE was the best...she doesn't have to exit to hit the door opener now...Its the little things right? Pay no attention to that comfy custom seat your tush is sitting on. Just my flash2 cents worth.

Old 09-03-2013, 04:44 PM
howlingbear3
Novice
Default FunkyFungus Solved it. It works!

You are a genuis.... thank you so much.... I owe you a beer.... Works great, the way it was supposed to from the beginning..... Thank you, Thank you, thank you! Easy as pie to do........

Old 09-03-2013, 04:45 PM
howlingbear3
Novice
Default Works like a charm.... thank you!

Originally Posted by FunkyFungus
After much research, I came up with this plan, and it works like a charm. First, cannibalize an extra remote and short the switch with a screwdriver and verify operation. A little solder, and the pics tell the story:
Awesome! Easy as pie and it works... thank so much.

Old 09-06-2013, 09:59 PM
Kaura
3rd Gear

so, all of you people that have the HD opener installed on their bike... Could anybody help me out with hooking it up to a 2010 Dyna Street Bob? Instructions that come with it cut off right before that model... Really shouldn't be too hard to figure out, but everything seems decently different than what I am looking at.

Old 09-06-2013, 10:39 PM
bwana1
Road Warrior
Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kaura
so, all of you people that have the HD opener installed on their bike... Could anybody help me out with hooking it up to a 2010 Dyna Street Bob? Instructions that come with it cut off right before that model... Really shouldn't be too hard to figure out, but everything seems decently different than what I am looking at.
My advice is to take the HD garage opener back and demand your money back. It is CRAP!. My 1st one did not work at all, not even a red lite on the unit plugged into 110v. 2nd one raised and lowered the door twice before quitting. 3rd worked for 6 months. as a side note, "fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice shame on me ...three times...but, I only paid once.

I think the unit installed on the bike just can't handle vibration...imagine that.

Bwana

Quick Reply: HD Garage Door Opener / Liftmaster