Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Kuryakyn: The Perfect Storm

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 10:04 PM
Timmy B
Outstanding HDF Member
Location: 12 year, Colombia, 4 years Mexico, currently In Kuwait, but Boston is HOME!!
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh yeh for grips i got some thick black leather and wrapped the grips. looks good and nice and fat. I got to keep the heated grips that came on the bike and did not have to buy new ones, which are very expensive. Got the idea to wrap them on this site and it worked out great!!! I strung them up with blue leather raw hide so it matches the blue and black paint scheme.

Old 09-07-2011, 08:24 AM
BlackeyCoveR
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also heard that their pipes are made by V&H. That's all well and good but I would use Fuel Moto or an indy if you don't want to do the work yourself. FM can set you up with matched parts and give you real service if you need it.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:19 PM
TheRealWillieG
Stage I
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

alot of people seem to have some good "opinions" what about the FACT that the storm system won Performance product of the year at the V-twin expo? seems like that would speak to the level of performance offered with the Mike Roland designed components. while your checking to see if they won, make sure you also look into Mike Roland, the man is to V-twin motors what Einstein was to physics. The best thing about forums is everyone gets to voice their opinion.

Old 09-07-2011, 12:34 PM
Guntoter
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 101 Likes on 81 Posts

I have had a number of Kuryakyn products over the years on 3 different bikes and have been satisfied with all of them. Only problem I can remember was on my engine guard mounted footrests, the trunnion (or whatever it is called) on one side cracked. Called up Kuryakyn and they sent me a replacement no charge based only on my word. Has been great ever since. Most recent product is the Velociraptor velocity stack style air filter. So far has been great and I am quite satisfied with it. Only thing I would change on it is to use metal nipples instead of plastic for the breather hoses where they go into the a/c spacer.

A gratuitous photo of the Velociraptor on my bike.