Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anybody with 07-09 might want to read..

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Reaper22
Road Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Anybody with 07-09 might want to read..

If you have a 2007-2009 and suspect you have the pressed fitted pos cams and are out of warrenty you may want to upgrade as soon as possible. Just read my posting and decide for yourself...

https://www.hdforums.com/forum/touri...im-having.html

Old 09-03-2011, 08:33 AM
rocknrod
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Old 09-03-2011, 05:54 PM
Reaper22
Road Captain

Damn, Didn't realize I had the many post on the same issue, maybe I was just being sure people seen the post on this issue instead of it get'n buried in the all post. BTW all you ask was if those splines were stripped, that was a big help man, did yur other 8,490 post come from keeping people on track of their post or have you really helped anyone with the problems they were having? I had a serious issue with my motor and had all the mechanics in my area stumped so I come here for help and when I came up with what my problem actually was and post it to warn others, Sounded a little sarcastiic man, I were not I appologize, Again thanks for keeping it alive bro..

Last edited by Reaper22; 09-03-2011 at 06:00 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 06:13 PM
Sgt. Fury
Tourer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Reaper22
Damn, Didn't realize I had the many post on the same issue, maybe I was just being sure people seen the post on this issue instead of it get'n buried in the all post. BTW all you ask was if those splines were stripped, that was a big help man, did yur other 8,490 post come from keeping people on track of their post or have you really helped anyone with the problems they were having? I had a serious issue with my motor and had all the mechanics in my area stumped so I come here for help and when I came up with what my problem actually was and post it to warn others, Sounded a little sarcastiic man, I were not I appologize, Again thanks for keeping it alive bro..
Or you can read the TOS for the site and see that multiple posts of the same thread are discouraged.

Old 09-03-2011, 07:35 PM
masterblaster
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 258 Likes on 100 Posts

Rod is a good contributor here, you provided good info here so don't be a dick.

Originally Posted by Reaper22

Old 09-03-2011, 07:40 PM
speakerfritz
Road Warrior
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this is really more about an oil pump failure. well maybe not. the oil pump is there to protect the filter. no filter between the sump and pump intake.

Old 09-03-2011, 08:49 PM
Reaper22
Road Captain

Originally Posted by masterblaster
Rod is a good contributor here, you provided good info here so don't be a dick.
No dick here bro and 8000 post don't give you the right to be a dick either.. We all come here to help I would not care if someone made multiple post there's no big deal, you either help or don't read the post simple as that. I can clearly see That Rod is a very helpful guy, just throwing a jab back that's all, No harm intended and sorry if I did. That's why I come here for the knowledgeable and good guy's here.. So lets just move on man..

Last edited by Reaper22; 09-03-2011 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:55 PM
Reaper22
Road Captain

Originally Posted by speakerfritz
this is really more about an oil pump failure. well maybe not. the oil pump is there to protect the filter. no filter between the sump and pump intake.
I here that man, but if the sliver of tooth had not broke off the cam tooth when the poorly assemble cam was put together I would not have need the pump, Just hope no one else has to go thru this but if they do hope these post gets them to a quicker recovery than I had.. Again thanks to all that help on this issue, sure had allot of people stumped even a service manager with 22 years under his belt..