Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How to clean up rear fender 11 FLHTK??

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 11:44 AM
usmc3468
Tourer
Received 16 Likes on 2 Posts

RGU Fender and street glide fascia...... Bumpers are for grandpa's

Old 09-01-2011, 12:26 PM
Harleypingman
Extreme HDF Member
Received 44 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by Pumba11
I know I don't have the tip light gone on my set up shown in the photo. And I don't know what year bike you have.

But the Road Glide fender is clean for bikes '08 and older, and my friend has a vivid black one in perfect condition for sale. If interested PM me.

Just an FYI for all of the people interested in removing the rear bumper. You need to replace the bumper with the bracket found on the Road Glides that goes behind fender so it keeps everything rigid.
Your FYI is correct for '08 and older models; but, not so for '09 and newer models.

Old 09-02-2011, 02:44 AM
RockerBob
Cruiser
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Here's what I did to my 2010 FLHTK:

I added the color matched filler strips, went to a laydown smoked LED taillight, bullet turn signals, and laydown license plate mount. Works well without the Tourpak on. The taillight has while license plate illumination in the bottom. I did smoked lenses and LED lights in the turn signals. I powder coated the taillights and license plate frame, and painted the taillight base.

I got a smoked LED fender tip light and painted it black, and I had the bumper powder coated black. It all kind of blends together and gets rid of the grandpa look to some extent.

I still like the SG fascia (and fender tip) better, but this was a pretty low cost solution that didn't require any sheet metal painting and still has an "Ultra" kind of feel IMO.

Old 09-02-2011, 08:35 PM
BDHABT
Road Captain

Originally Posted by RockerBob
Here's what I did to my 2010 FLHTK:

I added the color matched filler strips, went to a laydown smoked LED taillight, bullet turn signals, and laydown license plate mount. Works well without the Tourpak on. The taillight has while license plate illumination in the bottom. I did smoked lenses and LED lights in the turn signals. I powder coated the taillights and license plate frame, and painted the taillight base.

I got a smoked LED fender tip light and painted it black, and I had the bumper powder coated black. It all kind of blends together and gets rid of the grandpa look to some extent.

I still like the SG fascia (and fender tip) better, but this was a pretty low cost solution that didn't require any sheet metal painting and still has an "Ultra" kind of feel IMO.
Who makes your setup?

I`m looking to clean up the rear of my FLHT.

Thanks.
Mark.

Old 09-02-2011, 09:57 PM
wjl24
Road Captain
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by usmc3468
RGU Fender and street glide fascia...... Bumpers are for grandpa's
That's the look I'm after. So if I add the street glide fascia and move the plate down it may cover the holes? I'll have to check into that further.

Old 07-30-2012, 03:03 PM
kingan936
Tourer

Starting a thread resurrection my father in law is wanting to clean his rear fender up as well mainly filler strips relocate license play and bullet turn signals, what's the best bet for this?

Old 07-30-2012, 06:26 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 150 Likes on 90 Posts

I just removed the tourpak and rear bumper, then replaced the signal lights and brake light lens with the Streetglide unit.

Attached Thumbnails How to clean up rear fender 11 FLHTK??-008.jpg   How to clean up rear fender 11 FLHTK??-005-1.jpg  
Old 07-30-2012, 07:28 PM
kingan936
Tourer

looks clean, so what do are you using for your license plate light?

Old 07-30-2012, 07:38 PM
Udawg
HDF Community Team
Received 150 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by kingan936
looks clean, so what do are you using for your license plate light?
The Streetglide lights come with a new tail light lens that is clear on the bottom instead of the top. It shines down on the license plate.

Old 07-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Buns79
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very sweet! I'm stealing the idea... I just removed the rear bumper off my limited tonight and was thinking of doing this, dumb question though what year street glides came with that taillight mine was a 2011 and it didn't have it?

Quick Reply: How to clean up rear fender 11 FLHTK??