Touring Models Road King, Road King Custom, Road King Classic, Road Glide, Street Glide, Electra Glide, Electra Glide Classic, and Electra Glide Ultra Classic bikes.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Rally Q - BBB Fayetteville AR vs. SPI Bike Week

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2011, 08:46 PM
ssager1
Cruiser
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rally Q - BBB Fayetteville AR vs. SPI Bike Week

Looking to get away for a few days. Looking at BBB in Fayeteville AR and SPI Bike Week in South Padre TX. Only going to be able to do one and have not been to either. I would appreciate input from folks who have been. Thx.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:01 PM
1931jamesw
Ultimate HDF Member
Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Ive been to the Fayetteville rally every year for about 4 years in a row now. Theres some great riding in the area and the rally has some good vendors. The atmosphere is nice if you dont like to get too wild. There is no nudity and there is good music if you're into any of those things. This year Jamie Johnson will be performing along with several other bands but I think hes the headliner. Last year Black Crowes were there and I have heard they will be again this year but have not confirmed it. Theres also a beer garden and if you like bars at all, you've got to check out ***** D's. It sounds kinda dumb but they have dueling pianos and they get the crowd invoved and its a blast. AQ Chicken is an excellent place to eat and is reasonably priced and if you go to the fairgrounds, unless theyve changed that part, the BBQ is outstanding. Very nice rally with IMO some of the prettiest countryside in the nation. Highly recommended by me. Ive never been to the other rally you mentioned.

Old 08-29-2011, 09:40 PM
Turbo Turtle
Road Warrior
Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

I have only been to BB&BBQ one time. Last year, and it was a hoot. As James describes it. Great roads to ride w excellent scenery and the event is spread around several areas in town. so much entertainment to be had, I never made it to the Fairgrounds for the BBQ. I'm scheduling and extra day or two for this year.
I'm lucky to have friends a few miles up in Lowell, with a nice back road ride back and forth as well. If you plan on camping, it's likely you will find a spot at the Fairgrounds or maybe run into somebody you know who has a room or space to share.
The weather should be reasonably hospitable this year as it was last. Bring a jacket for the night ride to your digs.
My $0.03

aka Bob

Old 08-29-2011, 10:02 PM
beaureed445
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've never been to SPI in South Padre, but I've been to Bikes, Blues, and BBQ (this year will be my 4th time). NW Arkansas is great riding- nice and curvy, great temperatures. Our group is leaving one month from today, and we're already counting down the days.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:16 AM
chipishere
Tourer
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I have been to SPI a few times. The last time was two years ago, after we left, we decided it was our last. It was over run with crotch rockets and people from south of the border. I don't have a problem with our neighbors to the south. But I do have a problem with some of their attitudes and these stupid f*<€ing wrestling masks they wear. If your sitting next to me in a bar or concert, I want to see your face, not some sparkly blue freakin mask with lightning bolts on it. If you can't speak english I need to see your face to get a read on your attitude and intentions. I won't mention they seem to have their own road rules.

We won't be going again. Will be looking into the Arkansas rally.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:39 AM
jjnoble
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

+1 BBB in Fayeteville AR. Friendly people and a lot of nice riding. I go down there almost every year.

Old 08-30-2011, 04:53 AM
mike5511
Elite HDF Member
Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Let's see..........the hills and twisties in Arkansas....flat land in Texas??????? (I might be prejudice!)

From looking at license plates at BB&Bq, I'd say most of Texas comes up here.

Old 08-30-2011, 05:43 AM
TCannon22
Tourer

I'll be at BBB.
Been four years in a row now and look forward to it more and more every year.

Old 08-30-2011, 06:56 AM
streetglide44
Road Captain

BBB third year running. Wouldn't go if I didn't like it.

Old 08-30-2011, 07:35 AM
troop
Outstanding HDF Member
Received 49 Likes on 44 Posts

I imagine lodging could be a problem with only 30 days to go? Especially if a home football weekend.

Quick Reply: Rally Q - BBB Fayetteville AR vs. SPI Bike Week